Price @ 590/- Only | Non Fasting | Sample Type: Serum
About 25 OH Vitamin D Total Test
Vitamin D is one of the vital compounds that is much essential for strait-laced development and growth of bones and teeth. A 25 OH Vitamin D Total Test is used to analyze the amount of vitamin D present in the blood. There are two major categories of vitamin D present in the blood, which is very much essential. These are 1,25-dihydroxy vitamin D, 25-hydroxyvitamin D. The 25-hydroxyvitamin D which is also known to be 25 OH Vitamin D Total is the primary factor that is found in the blood and it is a comparably idle vanguard to the active hormone which is a 1,25-dihydroxy vitamin D. Because of the higher concentration of 25-hydroxyvitamin D (25 Oh Vitamin D total) is vital to get measured to further help in monitoring and evaluating the low vitamin D status in a person.
AreYouHealthy offers you the same on the most affordable price with quality assurance. If there is any query still left in your mind, we are always available on our customer support number 7289-87-6363. Our 24×7 team will feel happy to assist you.
Why Get Tested For The 25-OH Vitamin D (Total) Test?
The 25-OH Vitamin D (Total) is a blood test performed to check for Vitamin D status in the body. It investigates the problems related to bone health (metabolism), blood mineral levels or parathyroid function.
When Is the 25 OH Vitamin D Total Test Needed?
Vitamin D 25-OH measurement is necessary to determine abnormal phosphate, calcium, and/or parathyroid hormone level. This detects any existing bone disease, kidney disease or a disease related to the gastrointestinal tract. The gastrointestinal disease may result in malabsorption.
Serum concentrations greater than 125 nmol/L, i.e., greater than 50 ng/mL are associated with potentially adverse effects.
A 25 OH Vitamin D Total Test Is Mostly Used In Case Of To:
- Screen the health of people who are not able to absorb the required amount of vitamin D. Or also in the case if had or maybe having gastric bypass surgery.
- Analyzing the health of people who are facing much deficiency of Vitamin D total in the blood even having proper sun exposure.
- To assist and screen the condition of health in individuals who are suffering from diseases that cause much interference with fat absorption. This may include several situations like Crohn disease or cystic fibrosis. A vitamin D is a fat-soluble category of vitamin, and it is usually absorbed with the help of intestine in the form of fat.
- Monitor and diagnose the root cause of problems with the functioning of parathyroid gland because in this case, PTH is important for the activation of vitamin D.
- To detect the issues like bone malformation, bone weakness or other abnormal metabolism related to calcium. Generally, PTH, phosphorus and abnormal calcium is the reason behind for the sudden deficiency or even generating the excess amount of vitamin D.
- To take assistance in evaluating the effectiveness of the treatment when phosphorus, calcium, vitamin D supplementation is prescribed by a piece of medical advice given by the doctor.
What Is The Sample Required For The 25-Hydroxy Vitamin D Test?
The sample for the Vitamin D 25-OH Total Test is blood. In order to collect the sample for testing, blood is drawn from the vein in the arm. These blood samples are then further sent for laboratory tests.
What Actually Gets Tested In The 25 OH Vitamin D Total Test?
Bone provides a structure to our body. It requires the various forms of Vitamin D for its growth and health. Vitamin D makes the bone strong. The lack of Vitamin D makes the bones soft, malformed and takes time to repair them. This results in a high risk of a disease called rickets in children and medical condition osteomalacia in children and adults. The test analyses the blood levels for all forms of Vitamin D, including Vitamin D2, Vitamin D3 etc. Vitamin D also helps in controlling the absorption of the calcium, minerals, phosphate and magnesium from food intake. This is carried forward in the intestine. A right proportion of Vitamin D levels are also essential in preventing many other diseases related to the immune system. The test also detects some forms of cancer as well as blood vessel disease. Vitamin D can also be gained from exposure to sunlight.
Related Symptoms and Health Risks of Vitamin D Deficiency
Vitamin D deficiency reflects its symptoms in the form of bone pain and muscles weakness. Sometimes, even without showing any proper symptom, Vitamin D deficiency will strike your health. Lack of Vitamin D deficiency is associated with the following:
- Increased risk of Cardiovascular diseases leads to death.
- Severe asthma in children
- Cognitive impairment in older adults
How To Make The Payment For The 25-Hydroxy Vitamin D Total Blood Test?
The payment needs to be made to the sample collecting health professionals after the test sample is collected, and later on, test results will be delivered to you.
25(OH) D Test At Home Short Description
- TECHNOLOGY: C.L.I.A
- FASTING TYPE: NON FASTING
- SAMPLE TYPE: SERUM
- VOLUME: 1ml
- NORMAL RANGE: 30-100