Facts About Diabetes
Being healthy is very prominent and challenging nowadays. Being a diabetic patient, the best way to stay healthy is by taking care of yourself at home and getting regular health check-up. Doctors will do some tests to find any problems so that they can be treated early. If you detect them early, you can diagnose diabetes with exercise, diet, or medication. There are some important tests which should be taken by every diabetic patient to live their life happily. A diabetic patient has to be very careful in every stage of their life. Any little mistake can complicate their life to the fullest. They must go for a regular health check-up for diabetes. Being unhealthy arises many diabetes complications. Every person should take diabetes and prediabetes test. Prediabetes is a warning condition which indicates that you are on the way to develop type 2 diabetes.
Diabetes is usually classified into three different types:
- Type 1 diabetes
- Type 2 diabetes
- Gestational diabetes
List Of Tests Involved In Diabetes
- A1C TEST: The haemoglobin A1C test is a blood test. This test shows the level of your blood sugar. The test result of blood sugar level will be given in percentage. If the percentage is high, it means your blood glucose level is high, which is not good. Your A1C level must be less than 7%. It is highly recommended to take this test twice a year.
- BLOOD PRESSURE: A patient should check its blood pressure regularly at home. Your doctor will also check your blood pressure whenever you visit the hospital. While checking blood pressure, your first value, i.e., systolic, should be less than 120 and a second value, i.e., diastolic should be less than under 80. If blood pressure is high, it is not good for your health. If you are not trying to manage it well, you might have heart diseases like heart attack and stroke.
- CHOLESTEROL & TRIGLYCERIDES: Cholesterol and triglycerides are types of fats which is found in our body. These type of fats can accumulate in your arteries. Due to which it can lead to many problems related to your heart. It is very important to maintain your cholesterol levels. High level of blood sugar leads to a high level of cholesterol. In this test, three elements are to be checked, i.e., LDL(bad cholesterol), HDL(good cholesterol), and triglycerides. An LDL level of a normal person should be less than 100. Level of triglycerides should be under 150.
- KIDNEY FUNCTION TEST: You should take this test at least once a year. This test measures the amount of albumin in your urine. If your blood pressure and blood sugar are high, it damages your kidney and leaks out. The functioning of the kidney can be determined by the ratio of albumin to creatinine.
- FOOT EXAM: Most of all diabetic people will lose their feeling in their feet. It would help if you got checked your feet by a doctor at least once a year. Diabetes can cause nerve damages due to which your feet will lose to feel anything. If that happens, you may not notice any cuts, bruises or any other problem. If they are not treated on time, it can become a bigger problem. It can cause calluses, infection, sores, and loss of feeling.
- WEIGHT: Overweight might be one of the reasons for being diabetic. Being overweight can also make the condition worse. You should check your weight regularly, like blood pressure and blood sugar. It is easier to control your blood pressure and blood sugar when you have a healthy weight.
- DENTAL EXAM: Dental disease is a lesser-known complication for a diabetic patient. Diabetes can damage the blood vessels of your mouth. Due to which you may develop gum diseases and tooth decay. It would be best if you took dental check-up at least twice a year. You must take care of your gums. They are the only way to intake food. If your gums are not healthy enough, you will not be able to eat anything. Due to the lack of proteins and vitamins, your health might get worse.
- EYE EXAM: While taking an eye exam, tell your doctor that you have diabetes. A doctor will give you an eye drop. The eye drop is used to widen your pupil to check any damages to your blood vessels in your eyes. An eye exam should be done every year.
Areyouhealthy is happy to help diabetic patients. We offer many health check-ups for diabetes. Diabetic patients are always welcome to use our service. If you have any queries about a health-related topic, we are here to help. For booking and queries call us on 7289876363 or visit www.areyouhealthy.in.