Price @ 750/- Only | Non Fasting | Sample Type: Serum
About Androstenedione Test
AreYouHealthy is now offering Androstenedione test which is generally popularly known as Androstenedione A4 test. This test is very much essential to evaluate the functioning of the adrenal gland, which is a significant cause for production on early puberty in boys and male physical charismatics in females. Adrenal tumours and even cancer can be diagnosed with the help of A4 blood test.
What Does A Androstenedione Blood Test Mean?
Androstenedione is kind of androgen which is the reason behind several male sex hormones that are responsible for being developed onset of sexual differentiation in female or a male. There can also be the development of secondary male physical characteristics, such as growing facial hairs and a deep bassy voice. These changes can be observed because of the male hormone, which is being in the blood of both women and men. These hormones are regulated or controlled by the human body into more potent androgen, which is known to be testosterone. In females, these are converted into the female hormone estrogen. With the help of A4 blood test, a person can easily understand the mass of androstenedione in the blood.
How Is A4 Blood Test (Androstenedione Test) Carried Out?
Androstenedione test is used to examine the proper functioning of the testicles or ovaries and adrenal gland as well as the reproduction of sex hormones being developed of physical characteristics (androgens) or male sex organs. The A4 blood test is mostly recommended to identify the main reason behind the excessive symptoms of androgens being produced in a woman who has an elevated with more amount of testosterone levels.
Androstenedione Levels are often used to determine several conditions. Some of them are as follows:
- It assists in detecting PCOS (polycystic ovarian syndrome) and other reasons that are behind the issue of infertility, amenorrhea (monthly menstrual problems), hirsutism (growing facial hairs) and excess body in a woman who is having results of abnormal levels on DHEAS test, testosterone, and other hormones such as estrogen, FSH, prolactin, LH.
- Diagnose the issue of CAH (congenital adrenal hyperplasia). Androstenedione test is also used to monitor the treatment for CAH regularly.
- A4 test is also useful to examine the function of the adrenal gland and to distinguish between androgen-secreting conditions that are because of the adrenal glands from those that develop in the ovaries or testicles.
- Examine and detect the actual reason behind early puberty in young age boys and also in development in physical characteristics of male (virilization) in young girls.
- An A4 blood test also helps to diagnose the cause of belated puberty development and also to investigate the testicular or ovarian failure being suspected.
- Androstenedione lab test also helps in to detect the development of tumours in the cortex, which is the outer of the adrenal gland. A tumour can also form outside of the adrenal gland that secretes ACTH (ectopic) and later on it separates these conditions from testicular cancers or ovarian tumours.
Symptoms To Understand The Need For A Androstenedione Lab Test
For a woman, an androstenedione lab test must be ordered in the case of infertility. But there are several other sign and symptoms like as:
- Male pattern baldness
- Producing a deeper voice
- Excess growth of facial or body hair
- Irregular or lack of menstruation
Booking Androstenedione Test From AreYouHealthy
We at AreYouHealthy always offer the best health checkup packages. We now provide Androstenedione A4 Test at home at a low price. In fact, the booking of the A4 test procedure is simple and straightforward. You need to fill the test booking form with all the required details. Soon you will be contacted with one of our executives to fix a blood sample collection slot as per your convenience. Androstenedione Test reports will be mailed to your e-mail address within 2-3 business days of the test being conducted.
Androstenedione Test Normal Range
- UNITS: ng/ml
- TECHNOLOGY: C.L.I.A
- FASTING TYPE: NON FASTING
- SAMPLE TYPE: SERUM
- VOLUME: 1ml
- NORMAL RANGE: Adult Males : 0.60 – 3.10 ng/ml Adult Females : 0.30 – 3.30 ng/ml