About Anti Hepatitis B Surface Antigen Total Test
This test detects the Hepatitis B Surface Antigens in the blood. The test is performed to find out if a person is infected from the hepatitis B virus from recent or past. After several weeks of being infected the start showing the traces of the Hepatitis B surface.
AreYouHealthy brings Anti Hepatitis B Surface Antigen-Total Test at low rate-. Book the test at a most affordable price only on AreYouHealthy. To book the test, fill the alongside form with the required details and tap the SUBMIT button. All the payments will be asked for after the sample collection. We provide an on-site sample collection facility. We will send you a team of sample collectors to your provided address. They will visit you in your reserved time slot.
What Is An Anti Hepatitis B Surface Antigen-Total Test?
- As said earlier, this test detects for the existence of Hepatitis B surface antigens in the blood.
- The proteins found on the surface of HBV are called antigens. It causes the immune system of the body to make antibodies. Once the infection starts, it takes several weeks to find the Hepatitis B surface antigens.
- HBV is one of the 5 hepatitis viruses. The sources of HBV infection are through blood, seminal fluid and vaginal secretions as well. The hepatitis B virus causes liver infections. These lead to chronic infection and result in cell damage, liver cancer, scarring or cirrhosis etc.
- The Acute infection shows Hepatitis B surface antigen as an early sign. These are at the time of chronic, or long-term, infection.
How Is Anti Hepatitis B Surface Antigen-Total Test Done?
The test is done on a blood sample. The blood sample is drawn with the help of a vein in the arm or hand.
Need Any Assistance Regarding The Anti Hepatitis B Surface Antigen-Total Test?
Left with some queries? Don’t scratch your head. Give us a call 24X7 on 7289-87-6363.
- UNITS: mIU/ml
- TECHNOLOGY: C.L.I.A
- FASTING TYPE: NON FASTING
- SAMPLE TYPE: SERUM
- VOLUME: 1ml
- NORMAL RANGE: Negative: < 10.0 mIU/ml Positive: >= 10.0 mIU/ml