About Anti Nuclear Antibodies (ANA) Test
AreYouHealthy is providing Anti-Nuclear Antibodies test at low rate. As we are associated with Thyrocare, so all the work related to anti-nuclear antibodies test will be looked forward by Thyrocare executives.
What is an Anti-Nuclear Antibodies test?
- An anti-nuclear antibodies test looks for antinuclear antibodies in the blood. An ANA(anti-nuclear antibodies) test looks for antinuclear antibodies in the blood. If the analysis finds antinuclear antibodies in the blood, it may mean that an individual has an autoimmune disorder.
- An autoimmune dysfunction causes the immune system to strike our cells, tissues, and organs by mistake. These disorders can cause serious health problems.
- Antibodies are proteins that our immune system prepares to fight from foreign substances like viruses and bacteria.
- The other famous names of anti-nuclear antibodies test are antinuclear antibody panel, fluorescent antinuclear antibody, FANA, ANA.
- Antinuclear antibodies (ANAs) are a type of autoantibody that attacks proteins inside the cells.
Need Of An ANA Test
The health care provider may order an ANA test if he or she suspects that the patient has symptoms of lupus or another autoimmune disorder. These symptoms include:
- Joint pain and swelling
- Muscle pain
- Red, butterfly-shaped rash (a sign of lupus)
What Is The Use Of The Antinuclear Antibody Panel?
An ANA test is used to help diagnose autoimmune disorders, including:
- Systemic lupus erythematosus (SLE). This is the typical type of lupus, a chronic disease affecting multiple parts of the body, like the joints, kidneys, and brain.
- Rheumatoid arthritis, a condition that causes swelling of the joints,
- Scleroderma, a rare disease that affects the skin, joints, and blood vessels.
After you book the test, Thyrocare team will collect the sample from your place and will send it to a certified Thyrocare lab. You will get the reports on an email.
After reading this article, if you think that you’ve other queries also, please feel free to call us on 7289-87-6363.
FASTING TYPE: NON FASTING
SAMPLE TYPE: SERUM