About Antithyroglobulin Antibody (ATG) Test
AreYouHealthy in India is offering an Anti-Thyroglobulin Thyroid test at low rate. Once you book the test, Thyrocare executives will give you a confirmation call. A team from Thyrocare will come to your place to collect the sample.
What Is An Anti-Thyroglobulin Antibody (ATG) Test?
The thyroid gland is located in our neck. This gland releases hormones that control our metabolism. It produces many proteins, like T3, T4 and thyroglobulin also. Thyroglobulin is used as a tool to make the active thyroid hormones. If a person has an autoimmune condition, it can disrupt his or her production of thyroglobulin. When immune system attacks the thyroid gland, it often targets thyroglobulin. This causes thyroglobulin to produce antithyroglobulin antibodies. The doctor can order an antithyroglobulin antibody test to check the level of these antibodies in the blood. An increased level may indicate an autoimmune condition.
The thyroglobulin antibody test can help diagnose thyroid problems.
Need of Anti Thyroglobulin Antibody Test
- The doctor may order this test if he or she suspects symptoms of thyroid dysfunction.
- Thyroglobulin antibodies can be found in people who have a thyroid problem.
- Thyroglobulin antibodies attack thyroglobulin proteins and can ruin the thyroid gland.
- This test checks the levels of the thyroglobulin protein.
- If a person has been treated for thyroid cancer, this test could be part of regular checkups to monitor your condition.
Symptoms Of An Overactive Thyroid
- Feeling weak and tired
- Losing weight
- Sweating heavily
Symptoms Of An Underactive Thyroid
- Problems with menstruation
- Tiredness and a lack of energy
What Does The Test Result Mean?
- The test results may differ depending on the patient’s age, gender, health history, the method used for the test, and other things.
- The test results may not always mean that the patient has a problem.
- Negative test results mean that the patient has no thyroglobulin antibodies in his or her blood while a positive test result indicates that the patient has thyroglobulin antibodies in his or her blood.
- Sometimes a positive thyroglobulin antibody test result may also mean that the thyroglobulin test measurement is incorrect.
After reading this article, if you’re left with some other queries, feel free to call us on 7289-87-6363.
ATG Test Description
- UNITS: IU/mL
- TECHNOLOGY: C.L.I.A
- FASTING TYPE: NON FASTING
- SAMPLE TYPE: SERUM
- VOLUME: 1ml
- NORMAL RANGE: Negative : < 115 Positive : > 115