Price @ 750/- Only | Fasting Needed | Sample Type: Serum
About Apolipoprotein A1 Test
AreYouHealthy offers Apolipoprotein A1 test at low rate. Book the test only by clicking the SUBMIT button after filling the form for this test. A team from Thyrocare will reach you at your selected time slot. After the collection process, the sample will be sent to the certified Thyrocare lab. And you don’t even need to pay in advance, after the collection process is completed, pay the required fee to the executive.
What Is An Apolipoprotein-A1 (APO-A1) Test?
Apolipoprotein-A1 is a protein that has unique roles in the transportation and metabolism of lipids. Apolipoprotein is a plasma protein and is the major protein component of HDL(high-density lipoprotein). This test measures the volume of apo A1 in the blood. Apolipoprotein provides structural integrity to lipoproteins and shields the water-repellent lipids at their centre.
Forms of Apolipoprotein A:
APO-AI is found in greater proportion than APO-AII. The doctor may order this test along with some other lipid tests.
It may also be used as an alternative to HDL test, but it is not considered as “better” than HDL, so it is not ordered routinely.
When Is It Ordered?
An APO-A1 may be suggested to:
- Help in identifying inherited or acquired conditions that cause apo-A1 deficiencies.
- Monitor the effectiveness of lifestyle changes and lipid treatments
- An apo-A1 test may also be ordered along with the apo-B test.
Reasons To Take Apolipoprotein A1 Test
Symptoms that are commonly observed are:
- Shortness of breath
- Jaw pain
What Does The Test Result Mean?
- Low levels of apo-A1 are usually associated with low levels of HDL. Low levels of apo-A1 along with high levels of apo B are associated with an increased risk of cardiovascular disease.
- High levels of apolipoprotein-A1 are considered protective and can be independent of HDL levels.
Apo-A1 may decrease with:
- Uncontrolled diabetes
- Chronic kidney disease
Apo-A1 may increase with:
- Use of statins
- Physical exercise
- Weight reduction
APO A1 Test Description
- UNITS: mg/dL
- TECHNOLOGY: IMMUNOTURBIDIMETRY
- FASTING TYPE: FASTING
- SAMPLE TYPE: SERUM
- VOLUME: 1ml
- NORMAL RANGE: Male: 86 – 152 Female: 94 – 162