About Bone Panel
Bone Panel is a preventive health checkup package. It includes 8 test parameters. Bone profile is to assess the bone diseases such as osteoporosis, parathyroid disorders, osteomalacia, osteopenia, Paget’s disease, etc. this test is ordered when a person experience some symptoms such as joint pain, deformed bones, tiredness, weakness, muscle weakness, vomiting, constipation, nausea, polyuria, etc. it is also used to check the effect of the treatment. AreYouHealthy offers Bone Panel test at low rate. If you are looking for home service facility, we are here to provide. To book bone panel test call us on+917289876363. Alternatively, you can make an online booking by visiting www.areyouhealthy.in. Fill the form by providing details. Our representative will contact you to inform you about an appointment. Reports will be updated in 2-3 working days. For hard copies, Rs 75 will be charged in the final payment. Pay the payment to our representative once the sample submission is finished.
Test Parameters Included In Bone Panel
- SERUM ZINC
LIVER PROFILE PANEL
- ALKALINE PHOSPHATASE
- INTACT PARATHYROID HORMONE (PTH)
- VITAMIN B-12
- 25-OH VITAMIN D (TOTAL)
Bone Panel includes 8 Test Parameters.
- 25-OH Vitamin D Total: This test check for any vitamin D deficiency in the body. It is also known as calcidiol. Vitamin D is required for the growth of bones and teeth. There are 2 forms of Vitamin D, i.e., 25-OH vitamin D and 1-25 dihydroxy vitamin D. vitamin D can be obtained by endogenous and exogenous. Endogenous is produced when the skin comes to the sunlight. Exogenous sources come through the foods we eat and supplements. Vitamin D is used to regulate phosphorus, calcium, and magnesium. Vitamin D deficiency leads to soft bones, malformed, rickets, osteomalacia, etc. sources of vitamin D are bread, eggs, cereals, fortified milk, etc. the average level of vitamin D is 20-50 ng/dl.
- Intact Parathyroid Hormone: Intact parathyroid hormone test is performed to evaluate the parathyroid function. It is also used to detect the cause of calcium imbalances. The main purpose of parathyroid hormone is to maintain the level of calcium in the blood. Low level of calcium and parathyroid hormone leads to hypercalcemia or hypocalcemia. Use of drugs can elevate the parathyroid hormone level. Some of these drugs are lithium, rifampin, steroids, anticonvulsants etc.
- Calcium Test: Calcium test is used to determine the total amount of calcium in the blood. Usually, most of the calcium is stored in the bones. Calcium is important for the proper functioning of the heart, nerve, and muscles. Calcium helps the body in blood clotting. The main objective of this test is to monitor and diagnose conditions regarding heart, bones, nerves, kidneys, and teeth. It is also suggested to those people who have symptoms of malabsorption, overactive thyroid, and parathyroid disorder.
- Phosphorus: This test is used to evaluate the level of phosphate in the blood. It is a mineral which combines with other substances to form phosphate compounds. Phosphorus is important for nerve function, bone growth, and energy production. Phosphorus can be obtained by the foods, and the digestive tract absorbs it. Usually, the phosphorus test is ordered with calcium, parathyroid hormone, and Vitamin D tests to know the cause of phosphorus and calcium imbalance.
- Alkaline phosphatase: Alkaline phosphatase is an enzyme. Enzymes are a protein which acts as an intermediate in a chemical reaction. This test is used to determine the level of alkaline phosphatase in the blood. It is found in the liver, bones, kidneys, digestive system. The higher level of alkaline phosphatase indicates bone and liver disease.
- Serum Zinc: Serum zinc test is used to measure the amount of zinc in the blood. It measures the zinc level in plasma and urine. It is important for protein synthesis, enzyme function, etc. it can be found in many foods such as meat, fish, dairy products, etc. zinc deficiency can cause hair loss, impaired immune function, poor wound healing.
- Vitamin B12: It is used to know the amount of vitamin B12 in the body. It helps the body to produce red blood cells and DNA.
- Magnesium Test: It is used to evaluate the level of magnesium in the blood. It is also used to detect the cause of magnesium, potassium, calcium abnormal levels.
This Page was Last Updated by 29/09/2020