About Bone Profile B
Bone Profile B is a test package which is designed for assessing all the important proteins; minerals and enzymes which are involved in bone turnover. This profile has 11 test parameters. Bone reabsorption increase because of some diseases and these tests can detect any bone-related issue. AreYouHealthy in association with Thyrocare has brought to you Bone Profile B at low rate. Hurry up! Book this bundle of 11 test parameters for any bone-related diseases. We at AreYouHealthy provide the Quality and Accuracy assured test results at the most affordable price point.
List Of Parameters Included In Bone Profile B
- 25-OH VITAMIN D (TOTAL) TEST. The 25-OH Vitamin D (Total) Test is done to check for Vitamin D deficiency. It detects the bone metabolism-related issues, blood mineral levels or parathyroid function.
- INTACT PARATHYROID HORMONE (PTH) TEST. Parathyroid hormone (PTH) helps our body in maintaining the stable levels of calcium in the blood. It is part of a feedback loop which includes Vitamin, PTH, Calcium, and, some extent of phosphorus (phosphate) and magnesium. Conditions and sickness that abort this feedback loop can lead to inappropriate increase or decreases in calcium and PTH levels and result in symptoms of hypercalcemia or hypocalcemia. This test estimates the amount of PTH in the blood.
- CALCIUM TEST. Calcium is the most abundant as well as one of the most essential minerals in the body. It is crucial for cell signalling and the proper working of muscles, nerves, heart etc. Calcium is crucial for blood clotting and is vital for the formation, density, as well as maintenance of bones and teeth. This test estimates the amount of calcium in the blood or urine, which projects the levels of total and ionised calcium in the body.
- PHOSPHORUS TEST. Phosphorus is a mineral which combines with many other substances to form organic as well as inorganic phosphate compounds. Phosphorus and phosphate are the terms often used interchangeably while talking about testing, but it is the measure of inorganic phosphate in the blood that is estimated with a serum phosphorus/phosphate test.
- ALKALINE PHOSPHATASE TEST. An alkaline phosphatase level test (ALP test) calculates the amount of alkaline phosphatase enzyme in the bloodstream. The test requires a blood sample and is often a routine part of many other blood tests.
- SERUM ZINC TEST. This test calculates the level of zinc in the serum/plasma/urine. Zinc is a vital trace element with an important function in the entire body. Zinc is essential for protein synthesis, enzyme function as well as plays a basic role in proteins and nucleic acids.
- VITAMIN B-12 TEST. Vitamin B12 is a vitamin essential for many bodily functions. A lack or an excessive level of the vitamin in the blood may hamper the overall functioning of our body. Hence, regular investigation of the vitamin levels is important. A Vitamin B12 test helps in diagnosing the vitamin levels in the blood. The test primarily estimates the concentration on vitamin B12 and folate in the blood serum that is the liquid portion of the blood.
- MAGNESIUM TEST. Mineral Magnesium is vital for the production of energy, nerve function, muscle contraction, and the maintenance of healthy and strong bones. It reaches the body through the food we eat and is absorbed by the small intestine and colon. Magnesium is collected in the bones, cells, and tissues. Typically, only 1% of total body magnesium is seen in the blood, and this makes it hard to get an accurate count of overall magnesium content with the help of blood tests alone. However, this test is still useful for estimating a person’s magnesium status.
- RHEUMATOID FACTOR (RF) TEST. A rheumatoid factor (RF) test measures the total amount of rheumatoid factor (RF) in the blood. RF are proteins produced by our immune system. Usually, the immune system attacks substances such as viruses and bacteria. These substances cause sickness. Rheumatoid factors attack glands, healthy joints, or other normal cells by mistake.
- URIC ACID TEST. Uric acid is released by the breakdown of purines. Purines are nitrogen-containing compounds usually found in the cells of the body, including the DNA. This test estimates the level of uric acid in the blood or urine.
- SERUM COPPER TEST. Copper is an essential mineral that our body combines into enzymes. These enzymes help in regulation of iron metabolism, the creation of connective tissue, production of energy at the cellular level, the manufacture of melanin (skin colour producing pigment), and the function of the nervous system. This test evaluates the amount of copper in the blood, urine, or liver (hepatic).
10-12 hours of fasting is required before undergoing Bone Profile B. This helps in the accuracy of the test report. The test reports are sent approximately within 48-72 hours. A hard copy of the reports will charge you an extra of Rs. 75/-. We will send it to your registered address via courier.