Test Parameters Included In Bone Profile
- SERUM ZINC
LIVER HEALTH PACKAGE
- ALKALINE PHOSPHATASE
- INTACT PARATHYROID HORMONE (PTH)
- 25-OH VITAMIN D (TOTAL)
About AYH Bone Profile
There are 6 test elements in AYH Bone profile . Bone Profile is a preventive health check-up package. This profile measures the level of calcium, albumin, and alkaline phosphatase in the body. It is also used to diagnose bone diseases like osteoporosis, osteopenia, osteomalacia, parathyroid disorders, etc.
Test Parameters Included In Bone Profile are:
- Alkaline Phosphatase: Alkaline phosphatase is performed to measure the amount of alkaline phosphatase in the blood. Alkaline phosphatase is an enzyme which can be found in the blood. If the level of alkaline phosphatase is low, it indicates that there is a problem with the liver, gallbladder, bones, etc. The average range can vary from person to person. It also depends on age, blood type, and gender. The average value of alkaline phosphatase is 20 to 140 IU/L.
- Phosphorus: Phosphorus is an important element for the body. It helps the body to store energy, bone growth, nerve and muscles production. Many foods such as meat and dairy products contain a high amount of phosphorus. Hyperphosphatemia is a condition where the phosphorus level is high in the blood. Hypophosphatemia is a condition where the blood has low phosphorus level. Vitamin D deficiency and alcohol use disorder can lead to a low level of phosphorus.
- Calcium: Calcium helps to maintain muscle function, heart rhythm, etc. this test is used to measure the amount of calcium in the body. There is some risk associated with a high intake of calcium.
- 25-OH Vitamin D Total: The body needs vitamin D for maintaining the health of bones. When the skin is exposed to the sun vitamin D is produced. This test is used to measure the deficiency of vitamin D. people who are at risk of vitamin D deficiency are older adults, babies who are breastfed only, diabetic people, people who had gastric bypass surgery, obese people etc.
- Serum Zinc: Serum zinc test is used to determine the amount of zinc in urine, serum, and plasma. It can be found in many tissues, but it is not stored in a particular location. Zinc deficiency in children can cause growth retardation. Conditions like alcoholism, pregnancy and burns are commonly associated with zinc deficiency.
- Intact Parathyroid Hormone (PTH): It is used to determine the cause of calcium imbalances to evaluate parathyroid function. It is also used to differentiate between primary, secondary and tertiary hyperparathyroidism. PTH test is suggested when the level of calcium is abnormal.
If you want to book Bone profile call us on +917289876363. We offer home sample collection services. For online booking visit www.areyouhealthy.in. Our agent will call you to appoint the available slot for an appointment. The test result will be updated via the registered email id. Extra Rs 75 will be charged for hard copies of the test results. Payment can be paid after sample collection to our agent.