Price @ 750/- Only | Non Fasting | Sample Type: Serum
About Carbamazepine Tegretol Blood Test
Looking for Tegretol test? AreYouHealthy is offering Carbamazepine test at low rate. Once you book the test, Thyrocare executive will give you a confirmation call regarding the booking. A team from Thyrocare will come to your place to collect the sample.
What Is Carbamazepine Tegretol Test?
- Carbamazepine(a drug) is mainly used to treat certain seizure disorders. The doctor may also suggest this drug to stabilise the moods of people with bipolar disease.
- This drug may be prescribed alone or in combination with other antiepileptic drugs.
- Carbamazepine test measures the amount of carbamazepine in the blood.
- If the level of carbamazepine drug is too low, the drug may not be effective, and the individual may experience repeated symptoms.
- In case the level is too high, the person may experience toxic side effects.
- This test is also known as Tegretol blood test while Tegretol is an anticonvulsant and is available in generic form.
Common Side Effects Of Tegretol
- Dry mouth
Need Of Carbamazepine Test
- The doctor may suggest this test if he or she wants to check the level of Carbamazepine.
- Carbamazepine may sometimes cause people to have suicidal thoughts.
Talking to the doctor will help you if you have any of the following symptoms while taking medicines:
- Skin rash
- Bleeding gums
- Shortness of breath
- Fast, slow, or pounding heartbeat.
What Might Affect The Test Result?
The most important results usually come from a test done just before the scheduled dose of carbamazepine. So timing is most important for this test.
What Do The Test Results Mean?
The test results may vary depending on the patient’s age, gender, health history, the method used for the test, and other things. The test results may not mean that the patient has a problem. Consulting the test result with the doctor will help you a lot.
If you have any question regarding this test, or any other test, or profile, feel free to call us on 7289-87-6363.
Carbamazepine Tegretol Test Description
- UNITS: µg/ml
- TECHNOLOGY: C.L.I.A
- FASTING TYPE: NON FASTING
- SAMPLE TYPE: SERUM
- VOLUME: 1ml
- NORMAL RANGE: 4 – 10 µg/ml TOXIC LEVELS ABOVE 15 µg/ml