Price @ 750/- Only | Non Fasting | Sample Type: Serum
About C3 Blood Test
AreYouHealthy is providing Complement 3 test at low rates. Once, you book the test, you will get a confirmation call from Thyrocare executives. A team of sample collector will come to your place and will collect the sample. You don’t even need to worry about the payment. After the collection process is done, you’re required to pay the amount.
What Is A Complement 3 Test?
- Complement C3 is a blood test that checks the activity of a specific protein. This protein is a part of the complement system. A complement system is a group of proteins that move freely through the bloodstream.
- This protein works with the immune system and plays a role in the development of inflammation.
- The complement system protects an integral part of the body which protects from infections, dead cells and foreign material.
- It is rarely found that people inherit the deficiency of some complement proteins.
- There are nine major complement proteins, and they are labelled C1 through C9. This test measures C3 protein.
- The complement system can be initiated via immune complexes and the alternative pathway, which is activated primarily by foreign bodies such as microorganisms.
- C3 activation involves cleavage by C3 convertase into C3a and C3b.
Why Is A C3 Test Performed?
- C3 and C4 are the most common among all nine complement components.
- A complement test might be used to monitor people with an autoimmune disorder. It is performed to see if treatment for their condition is working. When the complement system is turned on during inflammation, levels of complement proteins may go low.
A complement 3 test may also be done for the following conditions:
- Parasitic infections, such as malaria
- Fungal infections
- Gram-negative septicemia.
How To Prepare For Complement 3 Test?
No specific preparation is required for complement 3 test.
How Will The Test Feel?
Some people may feel moderate pain when the needle is inserted to draw the blood. But this is not the case for everybody, and others may feel only a prick or stinging sensation.
Normal Results Of C3
The normal range is from 88 to 201mg/dL. But this range may vary among different laboratories. Talking to the doctor will surely help.
Elevated complement activity may be seen in:
- Ulcerative Colitis
Decreased complement activity may be seen in:
- Lupus Nephritis
- Kidney transplant rejection
- Systemic lupus erythematosus
C3 Test Description
- UNITS: gm/L
- TECHNOLOGY: NEPHELOMETRY
- FASTING TYPE: NON FASTING
- SAMPLE TYPE: SERUM
- VOLUME: 1ml
- NORMAL RANGE: Adults : 0.79 – 1.52