Price @ 750/- Only | Non Fasting | Sample Type: Serum
About Complement 4 Test
Complement 4 test is used to determine the activity of the various protein. It is a part of complement system. A group of proteins moving freely in the bloodstream is known as complement system. Major role of complement C4 is to protect the body from dead cells, infection from foreign substances. People who inherit deficiency of complement proteins are prone to autoimmune disorder and certain infections. There are 9 types of complement proteins. This test evaluates C4.
Symptoms of autoimmune diseases:
- Joint pain
- Muscle pain
- Extreme fatigue
- Muscle weakness
- Muscle paralysis
- Unexpected weight loss.
Usually, C3 and C4 are used to determine abnormalities and deficiencies in the complement system. Complement test is performed to:
- Help diagnose microbial infection (streptococcus pneumoniae, neisseria gonorrhea, neisseria meningitides), inflammation or angioedema.
- Monitor immune-complex related diseases such as serum sickness, vasculitis, glomerulonephritis.
- Help monitor and diagnose acute and chronic autoimmune diseases such as lupus and rheumatoid arthritis.
Increased complement activity indicates:
- Ulcerative colitis.
Decreased complement activity indicates:
- Kidney transplant rejection
- Bacterial infection
- Lupus nephritis
- Hereditary angioedema.
Are you tired of being in queue to give sample for the test in clinic? Not anymore. AreYouHealthy offers home sample collection services. To book Complement 4 test, dial our number +917289876363. We offer online booking also. For online booking click book now button. Fill the form by providing personal details and submit the form. After submission of the form our agent will call you to confirm the appointment date and time. If you want the hard copy of the test result you will be charged by extra Rs 75. Test results will be updated within 2-3 working days.
C4 Test Description
- UNITS: gm/l
- TECHNOLOGY: NEPHELOMETRY
- FASTING TYPE: NON FASTING
- SAMPLE TYPE: SERUM
- VOLUME: 1ml
- NORMAL RANGE: 0.16 – 0.38