About Complete Infertility Profile
Complete Infertility Profile is for women to check the cause of infertility. It is a preventive health checkup package offered at discounted rate. It covers 11 profiles including 21 test parameters. In this profile fasting for 10-12 hour is not required. Home sample collection at your doorstep is also available. To book our service call us on +917289876363. Alternatively, you can log on to www.areyouhealthy.in. Email reports will be updated within 48 – 72 hours. Extra Rs 75 will be charged for hard copies of test reports.
What Is Included in Complete Infertility Profile?
- LUTEINISING HORMONE: It is a hormone in both male and female. It is also known as gonadotropin. Luteinising hormone plays an important role in puberty, fertility, and menstruation. It is made in the pituitary gland. Luteinising hormone is very important for women because it is responsible for the menstrual cycle.
The amount of luteinising hormone in women varies with age and throughout the menstrual cycle.
- FOLLICLE STIMULATING HORMONE (FSH): It is a part of the reproductive system. Follicle stimulating hormone is responsible for the growth of ovarian follicles. It produces progesterone and estrogen to maintain the menstrual cycle in women. In men, it helps in the production of sperm.
- PROLACTIN TEST: Prolactin is also known as lactogenic hormone or PRL. Prolactin is responsible for the production of milk in a woman after childbirth. Prolactin level is used to determine sexual satisfaction in male and female.
- TOTAL TRIIODOTHYRONINE(T3) AND TOTAL THYROXINE(T4) : Both T3 and T4 are hormones which are made by the thyroid gland. These two tests are used to determine the function of the thyroid gland. When the thyroid gland produces too much of these hormones, this condition is known as hyperthyroidism. When the thyroid gland doesn’t provide enough amount of these hormones, then it is known as hypothyroidism.
- THYROID STIMULATING HORMONE (TSH): It is used to evaluate the amount of thyroid stimulating hormone in the blood. The primary function of TSH is to regulate the hormones released by the thyroid gland. It is often used to determine the cause of an abnormal level of thyroid hormone. It is also performed to detect hypothyroidism and hyperthyroidism.
- ANTI-MULLERIAN HORMONE (AMH): Anti-Mullerian hormone test is performed to detect the effectiveness of ovarian cancer treatment, to evaluate polycystic ovary syndrome. The reproductive tissues produce this hormone. Anti-mullerian hormone test is ordered when a woman is suffering from symptoms of polycystic ovary syndrome.
- STEROID PROFILE: Steroid profile consists of 14 test parameters. This profile covers vitamin D2, D3 test, progesterone test, aldosterone test, cortisol test, etc.
- HIV-I&II: This profile test is used to detect the human immunodeficiency virus (HIV). This virus is a cause of AIDS. When a person is infected by HIV, the virus begin to replicate itself and produced a large number of copies.(Hiv Test needs pretest counselling forms filled and signed)
- ANTI-HEPATITIS C VIRUS(ANTI-HCV)- TOTAL: Anti-hepatitis C virus (Anti-HCV)-Total is performed to determine the hepatitis C virus.
- HEPATITIS B SURFACE ANTIGEN (HBsAg): This profile is used to detect acute and chronic hepatitis B virus. It is an infection that occurs in the liver. This test is ordered when a person has symptoms of acute hepatitis.