Price @ 300/- Only | Non Fasting | Sample Type: Serum
About Cytomegalo Virus IgG Test
AreYouHealthy is providing Cytomegalo Virus IgG test at low rates. As we are associated with Thyrocare, we provide booking of health check-up in a few simple steps. We are giving the best deals among all the Health Check-Up in India, but still, if you find this test at a lower price, please let us know, we will try to minimise it for you.
What Is Cytomegalo Virus IgG Test?
- Cytomegalovirus(CMV) is a common virus that exists widely throughout the population but rarely causes symptoms.
- Most people get affected as children or as young adults and don’t face any specific symptoms or health issues.
- CMV testing involves either an assessment of CMV antibodies, immune proteins produced in response to CMV exposure, or the detection of the CMV virus. This virus can be identified during an active infection by culturing CMV or by detecting the virus’s genetic material in a fluid or tissue sample.
- CMV is present in many body fluids during an active infection, which includes urine, saliva, blood, cerebrospinal fluid, semen, vaginal secretions, and breast milk.
- It is easily transferred to others through close physical contact or by contact with infected objects, like diapers or toys.
- The Cytomegalovirus remains in a person for the rest of life without causing any signs unless the person’s immune system is significantly weakened. If this happens, the virus may reactivate.
How Is CMV-IgG Test Used?
- The Cytomegalo Virus IgG test is used to conclude whether someone with signs and symptoms has an active CMV infection. Sometimes it may also be suggested to help determine whether someone had a prior CMV infection.
- CMV is a common virus that generally occurs throughout the population but rarely causes noticeable signs or symptoms or significant health disorders.
- In some cases, primary CMV infection may cause severe illness and complexities in infants and people with weak immune systems, such as transplant recipients, cancer patients, and people with HIV.
When Is It Ordered?
This test may be ordered to a young adult, a pregnant woman or an immune-compromised person has flu-or signs and symptoms like:
- Muscle aches
- Sore throat
If you’ve some questions left or you want more information regarding the Cytomegalo Virus IgG test or any other test, you can call us on +917289876363.
CMV IGG Test Description
- UNITS:OD Ratio
- TECHNOLOGY: E.L.I.S.A
- FASTING TYPE: NON FASTING
- SAMPLE TYPE: SERUM
- VOLUME: 1ml