DSA HEALTH SCREEN B PROFILE BY THYROCARE
The 76 tests parameters of DSA Health Screen B profile consists of general tests for examining health status like Diabetic, Complete Hemogram, Lipid, Liver, Thyroid, Kidney, Pancreas, Toxic, elements and many more. Recommended for a person aged 20 and above.
Listed below are the 11 parameters of tests which have 1 or more tests in it.
- Diabetic Screen. Hba1c-This test lets you know about the average level of Blood Sugar over the past 2-3 months. This test is also known with some other names as Glycated Haemoglobin Test, Glycohaemoglobin etc. A person having diabetes needs Hba1c test regularly to monitor their blood sugar level and keep it within range. The A1c test is also performed to diagnose diabetes. Average Blood Glucose. Average Blood Glucose test monitors your blood glucose level, and it gives you the average glucose level of your blood. It shows you the stats of past 2-3 months, and you will be able to see the low or high difference from the normal level.
- Vitamin Test. Vitamin D2 Or Ergocalciferol has the significant function of extracting calcium and other nutrients from our stomach to help the functioning of different parts of the body. Vitamin D2 supports the treatment of deadly diseases like Hyperthyroidism, rickets, hypophosphate and many more. Vitamin D2, being a necessary element of the body needs to be monitored for its deficiency as well as if exceeding the average level. The test must be taken in serious as the diseases it cures, causes serious health issues. Excess of Vitamin D in the body can increase the level of calcium inside the body and health issues like nausea, vomiting, confusion, irregular heartbeats etc. VITAMIN D3. Test for Vitamin D3 measures the amount of Vitamin D in the blood. It checks the abnormality of calcium or phosphorus level or parathyroid levels. A person having symptoms of bone weakness, bone disorder or high risk of Vitamin D deficiency is mostly recommended for this test. VITAMIN B-12. Vitamin B-12 is essential for good health. A constant level of this nutrient helps to make enough red blood cells which eventually keep the nervous system working. Vitamin B-12 test is a standard blood test. One can go for it anytime without even going for fasting before getting the test performed. 25-OH VITAMIN D (TOTAL). The 25-OH Vitamin D test (25-hydroxy) is considered to be the best way to monitor Vitamin D levels. The measurement of 25-hydroxy Vitamin D inside the body shows how much Vitamin D your body contains. The test lets you know if you have a high or low level of Vitamin D.
- Homocysteine. Homocysteine is known as a common amino acid contained inside the blood. It is mostly gained by eating meat. Increase in the level of Homocysteine leads to early development of heart disease. Low levels of Vitamin B6, B12, Folate and renal disease are associated with it.
- Liver Profile. The Liver profile test helps you to determine the health of your liver by measuring the levels of various proteins, liver enzymes and bilirubin in the blood. Liver Profile test includes 11 different criteria which are recommended in the following situations. To check if the liver is infected and getting damaged because of Hepatitis B and Hepatitis C. It also monitors the side effects caused due to certain liver damaging medications. Treatment for an already existing liver disease gets monitored. Highly recommended for a person consuming alcohol. A person having gallbladder disease.
- Lipid/Cholesterol Profile(8). Lipid/Cholesterol profile, also known as a Lipoprotein profile has 8 tests included in it. It is mainly performed to measure the amount of cholesterol and other fats inside the body. Triglycerides and cholesterol are essential fats for cell health. But, when they build inside the blood, they can be highly harmful as well. A condition called Atherosclerosis caused due to the clogged arteries forms because of lipids. The heart can be at high risk with the increase of lipids. This group of 8 tests helps in predicting the risk of heart diseases and stroke.
- Renal Profile/Kidney Function Test(5). The kidney is one of the major organs inside our body. And we have only two of them. The Renal Profile/Kidney Function test includes 5 measurements which provide valuable pieces of information necessary to determine kidney health. Our kidneys filter approximately 180 litres of blood throughout the day. It removes the waste as well as the excess of water content from the blood. This group of 8 tests helps you to find out any kidney related issues if your body has.
- Thyroid Profile(3). The small gland located in the lower front part of the neck is known to be as The Thyroid Gland. It mainly produces Triiodothyronine (T3) and Thyroxine (T4) which are two vital hormones. The deficit of these leads to symptoms like weight gain, lack of energy, and depression. This is known as Hypothyroidism. Thyroid Profile test includes 3 tests in the group which suggests that if your gland is overactive or underactive.
- Iron Deficiency Profile. This test assesses the level of iron in blood and Transferrin. It also evaluates the cells’ capacity for iron binding. Iron Deficiency Profile test is used to detect anaemia. Anaemia has many types and to identify the deficiency of the iron, iron profile test is the best. The profile also reveals the iron deficiency level as well as the iron increment level. It also helps in evaluating the heart diseases.
- Pancreatic(2). The higher levels of lipase and amylase may indicate into pancreatic injury. Pancreatic profile test includes 2 tests which examine the health of the pancreas and let us know whether there is any problem or issues with it.
- Complete Hemogram(28). The Complete Hemogram test measures the total count of WBC, Neutrophils, Lymphocytes, Monocytes, Basophils, Eosinophils, RBC Count, HCT, Hb, MCV, PS, ESR etc. inside the blood. This test has a group of 28 tests performed on a sample of blood. It helps in the detection of blood-related infections.
- Toxic Elements(9). This is a toxic exposure test. It measures urinary excretion of a wide range of potentially harmful elements inside our body. Toxics such as lead and mercury, which are well known and, niobium which is a new technology toxin are assessed in this profile. Apart from these, there are many known, and unknown toxic elements which get contaminated inside our body are detected under this test profile.