Now At Rs 300 Only
AreYouHealthy is offering Follicle-Stimulating Hormone tests at a low rate. Worry about accuracy? As we are associated with Thyrocare which is CAP, NABL, ISO 9001 certified. So you don’t even need to care about the accuracy. Once you book the test, Thyrocare executives will give you a confirmation call. A team of sample collector from Thyrocare will come to your place to collect the sample.
Follicle-stimulating hormone is a vital part of the reproductive system. This hormone works for the growth of ovarian follicles. Follicles form estrogen and progesterone in the ovaries. They help in maintaining the menstrual cycle in women. This test checks for the level of FSH in the blood or urine. This hormone helps men to make hormones. Lack of this hormone can make it harder to get pregnant. Or in case having it too much can cause the same problem.
The pituitary gland produces FSH and releases it into the bloodstream. The doctor may order this test to find the underlying cause of symptoms affecting the reproductive system.
In women, reasons for the FSH test includes:
* Assessing irregular menstrual cycles
* Assessing infertility problems
* Diagnosing disorders of the pituitary gland
An FSH test may be done to:
* Assess testicular dysfunction
* Evaluate low sperm count
* Assess hypogonadism or gonadal failure
* An FSH test may be used to determine if a child is experiencing precocious puberty.
* An FSH test may also be done to check if a child is experiencing delayed puberty.
The results will be in the number that measures FSH in mIU/ML. The healthy range varies depending upon gender, age, etc. A high or low FSH level isn’t enough for the doctor to make any diagnosis.
While a high level of FSH in Women may indicate:
* A chromosomal abnormality, such as Turner’s syndrome that occurs when part or all of one of a woman’s X chromosomes is missing
* A loss of ovarian function
* reduction in the making of good quality eggs and embryos for fertilisation
High FSH levels in Men
This may indicate that:
* Testicles that have been injured by treatments such as X-rays or chemotherapy
* Testicles that are missing or not working properly
* Testicles that have been damaged by a disease such as alcohol dependence
FASTING TYPE: NON FASTING
SAMPLE TYPE: SERUM