AreYouHealthy is offering Free PSA tests at a low rate. Being a proud partner of Thyrocare, we book the health checkups in few clicks. We provide best deals among all the Health Check-Up providers in India, but still, if you find this test at a cost lower than book it, please let us know, we will try to minimize it for you.
What is a Free PSA test?
- The free prostate-specific antigen test or the free PSA test is used to help identify symptoms of prostate cancer.
- A free PSA test is generally given after a total PSA test, to help doctors rule out cancer or to point out how far cancer has proceeded after treatment.
- The test checks the level of unbound prostate-specific antigen in the blood. This could help doctors to diagnose issues like inflammation of the prostate or cancer.
- Although in some cases, standard results from the test do not rule out prostate cancer.
- Even if PSA levels are too low to reveal a problem, a person can still have prostate cancer.
- Some people may also have increased levels of PSA without having cancer.
- The test involves merely taking the blood sample, which is sent to a Thyrocare laboratory for analysis.
- The free PSA test is typically used before a biopsy to provide initial confirmation of a doctor’s diagnosis.
Limitations of PSA testing
PSA testing has a lot of constraints:
- The PSA test is well-known to have a significant rate of false positives.
- It’s not unusual for a man to have prostate cancer when his PSA is below the limits that indicate there might be cancer.
- About 75 percent of men who have an increased PSA do not have cancer.
- There can be modifications in PSA levels if different lab tests or technicians use different testing methods.
Free PSA Ratio
- A low free PSA level generally indicates a risk of prostate cancer.
- Free PSA ranges may vary, but in general, a higher ratio of free PSA to total PSA is good for an individual’s health.
- In case the ratio of free to total PSA is between 0 and 10 percent, the possibility of having cancer may be as lofty as 56 percent.
Once you book the test, you will get a confirmation call from Thyrocare. An executive from Thyrocare will reach your place at the selected time slot and collect the sample. After the sample collection process, you’re required to pay the amount to the executive.