Health Checkup For Babies is a very important step. There are a lot of responsibilities when it comes to a baby. One of the responsibility is that you have to make sure that they are getting a proper medical checkup. It is true that parents are responsible for their child’s health. It is also necessary to know that the growth of your baby is on the right track. When a baby is born, the nurse will measure the weight, length, and head circumference of a baby. These data will mark into a growth chart to monitor baby’s development. Routine vitamin k and hepatitis B vaccine are highly recommended.
Important Points To Take Care Of A Baby
- Feeding Baby: Breastfeeding is the best source of nutrition for a baby. However, the formula can also provide some nutrients to a baby. Babies must be fed when they are hungry. Usually, babies are getting hungry in 1-3 hours of interval. The nurse may watch you when you feed your baby and provide some help if you need. Formula-fed for babies takes 1-1.5 ounces every time you feed your baby. Burping is necessary after every feeding process.
- Pooping and Peeing: A newborn baby might have just one poopy diaper at the beginning. Expect 6-7 poopy diapers when babies are 3-5 days old. Poop is tarry and dark in the starting days. After a few days, the color of poop will change to greenish yellow. A newborn baby had several poopy diapers when they fed by breastfeeding and very few when they fed by formula.
- Sleeping: A newborn baby may sleep for 18-19 hours a day. Breastfed babies usually wake up in every 1-3 hour of an interval. Formula-feed babies sleep longer as compared to breastfeeding. The formula takes a longer time to digest, so the baby’s stomach is full.
Important Tests For A Baby
- Physical Test: In this test, your baby will be undressed under your supervision. After that, the nurse will examine the baby’s eye, heart, pulses, inspecting umbilical cord. They will also check the baby’s back, hips, and feet. Physical exam is also important because it will show you the proper physical growth of a baby.
- Screening test: For this test, they will take some sample of your baby’s blood. Baby’s blood is used to detect any health issues or diseases. Baby will also go through the hearing test, and oxygen level will be checked.
- First Immunization: Your baby needs some immunization when they are a newborn baby. So, make sure that your baby will get his/her first immunization on time. Immunization always protects infants from serious childhood diseases.
When Should Babies Be Checked?
- At the time of birth
- 1 to 4 weeks
- 6 to 8 weeks
- 6 to 9 months
- 18 months
- 2 years
- 3 years
- 4 years
Babies and old age people are two delicate humans regarding health. So, whenever you feel that something is wrong with your baby’s health(ex: fever) call your doctor. For proper treatment consult your doctor. Explain every tiny detail to your doctor regarding your baby’s health. Childhood illnesses are very critical. Ask your doctor about every diagnoses and treatment consult. There are many cases where a baby suffers from childhood illnesses due to a lack of treatments. So, it is mandatory for parents to look after their child.
List Of Vaccines For Babies
- At birth: BCG, Hepatitis B1, OPV 1.
- 6 weeks: OPV 2 / IPV, DPT 1/DTaP 1, Hepatitis B2, HIB 1.
- 10 weeks: DPT 2/DTaP 2, OPV 3 / IPV, HIB 2.
- 14 weeks/6 months: OPV 4 / IPV, DPT 3/DTaP 3, Hepatitis B3, HIB 3.
- 9 months: Measles.
- 15 months: MMR.
- 18 months: DPT / DTaP Booster 1, HIB Booster, OPV Booster / IPV.
- 2 years: Typhoid.
- 5 years: DPT / DTaP Booster, OPV Booster / IPV, MMR 2nd Dose, Typhoid 2.
What Is Vaccination?
Vaccination is a small number of bacteria or viruses imposed in the human body to stimulate our immune system to produce antibodies against them.
Precautions To Be Taken During Vaccination:
- Always go to reputed private and government hospitals for immunization.
- Always check the expiry date of the vaccine which is being given to your baby. Expired vaccines can be dangerous for your baby.
- Always consult your doctor before vaccination.
- Before giving vaccination to your baby, tell your doctor if your baby has any reaction to the last dose.
- Areyouhealthy provides health checkup for babies. For booking and queries call our India number 7289876363 and make an appointment for your baby. We also provide home sample collection services. You can visit our site www.areyouhealthy.in for more health checkup packages and offers.