Now At Rs 1500 Only
AreYouHealthy is happy to announce the offer for HLA-B27 test; we are providing this test at low rate. Once you book the test, Thyrocare experts will do the complete process. A team from Thyrocare will come to your place at your selected time slot and collect the sample. If you want more details about the HLA-B27 test, you can call us on 7289-87-6363.
What is the HLA-B27 test?
Human leukocyte antigen B27 (HLA-B27) is a unique protein found on the surface of the white blood cells. This test is suggested to check whether an individual has human leukocyte antigen on the surface of cells or not. This protein helps our immune system to differentiate between the healthy body tissue and foreign substances that may cause infection. HLA-B27 is a specific type of protein which contributes to immune system dysfunction.
Why is HLA-B27 ordered?
HLA-B27 test may be suggested when a person has acute or chronic pain and inflammation in the spine, neck, chest, eyes. In case the doctor is in doubt about the autoimmune disorder of a person, then he or she will recommend this test immediately.
HLA-B27 is also ordered to check disease progression and for diagnostic uses.
- How the test will go? A team of sample collector will come to your place and collect the blood sample. They usually take the blood sample from your arm. After the collection process, the blood sample will be sent to a certified Thyrocare lab. Generally, no special preparation is required for the HLA-B27 test.
- What are the risks associated with this test? Going through the HLA-B27 test carries minimal risks like:- Fainting, Pain at the puncture site. Lightheadness, Excessive bleeding at the puncture site and Difficulty in obtaining a blood sample
- What does the HLA-B27 test result mean? A negative test specifies that the patient has the absence of HLA-B27 in his or her blood. However, if the test is negative, it does not mean that the patient doesn’t have an autoimmune disorder. When the doctor makes the final diagnosis, he or she will consider all the test results along with the symptoms. If the test result is positive, this means that HLA-B27 is present in the blood. Although a positive conclusion may be cause for worry, the presence of the antigen doesn’t always mean that an autoimmune disorder will develop.
HLA-B27 Test Description
- TECHNOLOGY: FLOWCYTOMETRY
- FASTING TYPE: NON FASTING
- SAMPLE TYPE: EDTA
- VOLUME: 2ml