Price @ 500/- Only | Sample Type: Serum
About Insulin Fasting Test
Want to book an Insulin Fasting Test in India. AreYouHeatlhy is offering this test at low rate. We are a DSA of Thyrocare; we provide a complete index of Thyrocare profiles. You can visit our website www.areyouhealthy.in for more information on profiles and tests. After you book the test, you will get a confirmation call from the Thyrocare executives. The samples will be taken at your provided place, and a team of sample collector will reach you at the scheduled time. You will get the reports on an email.
What Is Insulin?
- Insulin is a hormone formed by the beta cells in the pancreas. Insulin helps in the absorption of glucose from the bloodstream into the cells of the body.
- In these cells, glucose is utilised for the generation of energy, which is used by the body. In healthy individuals, insulin generation is high when the glucose amounts in the blood are high, and insulin formation is low when the glucose levels in the blood are low.
- Insulin controls blood glucose levels and avoids hypoglycemia (low glucose levels) as well as hyperglycemia (high glucose levels).
What Is Insulin Fasting Test?
An Insulin Fasting Lab test is performed to assess insulin generation by the beta cells in the pancreas. It is also done to help decide the reason for low blood glucose, which is an infection known as Hypoglycemia. It is also practiced to help analyse the presence of an insulin-creating tumour in the pancreas called Insulinoma which in reality causes Hypoglycemia, and also to recognise the insulin obstruction or to help decide when a type II diabetic may need to begin taking insulin to supplement oral medications.
It is recommended to take the insulin fasting test when you have low blood glucose levels with symptoms, for example, sweating, palpitations, dizziness, fainting; when you have diabetes and your insulin generation should be observed, or once in a while when it is suspected that you have insulin obstruction.
Signs And Symptoms Of Low Blood Sugar
Indications of low blood glucose include:
- Feeling shaky
- Fast heartbeat
- Irritability or impatience.
Uses Of Insulin Fasting Test
- Analyse an insulinoma, check that removal of the tumour has been effective, or to monitor for a repeat.
- Analyse the reason for hypoglycemia in a person with signs and indications.
- Identify insulin resistance.
- Screen the amount of insulin delivered by the beta cells in the pancreas.
- At the point when a type II diabetic may need to begin taking insulin to supplement oral medications.
Insulin Fating Test Preparation
- Inform the doctor if an individual is on any medications, have any allergies or underlying medical conditions before the Insulin Fasting. The doctor will give specific instructions depending on your situation on how to prepare for Insulin Fasting.
- Fasting Insulin Test is done after a person has fasted for more than 10 hours. It is usually done in the morning after an overnight test.
Insulin Test Description
- UNITS: µU/ml
- TECHNOLOGY: C.L.I.A
- FASTING TYPE: NON FASTING
- SAMPLE TYPE: SERUM
- VOLUME: 1ml