Price @ 490/- Only | Non Fasting | Sample Type: Serum
About Insulin PP Test
AreYouHealthy is providing Insulin PP test at a low rate. Once you book the test, it’ll be carried forward by Thyrocare consultants. The house assortment team from Thyrocare will come to your place to gather the sample. If you would like additional information on Insulin-PP test, feel free to call us on +917289876363.
What Is An Insulin-PP Test?
- Insulin is a hormone synthesised by the beta cells of the pancreas. Insulin It is secreted in response to increased blood glucose following a meal and is vital for the transportation and storage of glucose. The production of insulin is high when the glucose levels in the blood are high, and insulin production is low when glucose levels in the blood are low.
- Insulin helps in regulating blood glucose levels, and also has a role in lipid metabolism.
- Insulin postprandial(Insulin-PP) test checks the amount of insulin in the blood after 2 hours of having food.
- If a person is not able to produce enough insulin, or if the body’s cells are resistant to its effects, glucose cannot reach most of the body’s cells, and the cells starve.
- Diabetes, a disease correlated with high glucose levels and decreased insulin effects, can be a life-threatening condition.
Why Is This Test Performed?
The doctor may suggest this test if the patient is suffering from symptoms like:
- Increased thirst or dry mouth
- Blurred vision
- Frequent urination
- Unexplained weight loss or weight gain
This test may help the physician to find whether a person has insulin resistance or not. In some cases, this test is done to find out the effectiveness of the treatment.
This test is also ordered to understand whether an individual suffers from pancreatitis, Cushing syndrome, acromegaly.
Insulin Test Preparation
Talking to the doctor will surely help if an individual is on any medications, have any allergies or underlying medical conditions before the Insulin PP test. The doctor may give some specific instructions depending upon the medical condition a person is on.
After 2 hours of having a meal, Insulin Postprandial(Insulin-PP) test is done.
Insulin PP Test Description
- UNITS: µU/ml
- TECHNOLOGY: C.L.I.A
- FASTING TYPE: NON FASTING
- SAMPLE TYPE: SERUM
- VOLUME: 1ml