Test Parameters Included In Iron Deficiency Test
- Total Iron Binding Capacity(TIBC).
- % Transferrin Saturation.
About Iron Deficiency Profile
Areyouhealthy offers Iron Deficiency test at low rate. It is a preventive health checkup package offered by Thyrocare. It has only 3 test parameters. If you are looking for an Iron Deficiency test call us at +917289876363. For online booking visit www.areyouhealthy.in and fill up the application form given on the site. Our areyouhealthy representative will call you to fix an appointment on available date and time. We will mail you the test reports in the registered email Id within 2-3 working days. We offer home sample collection as well. You don’t have to pay the fees when you are booking an appointment. Pay it to the representative when the sample collection is done.
TEST DESCRIPTION OF PARAMETERS INCLUDED IN IRON DEFICIENCY PROFILE
- Iron Test is used to determine the current level of iron in the body. It helps to diagnose iron overload and iron deficiency. Iron is needed in small quantities to form Red blood cells. Iron must be absorbed by the foods we eat because the body can’t produce it. Iron is absorbed from the food we ate and transported throughout the body with the help of transferrin binding. Eventually low level of iron leads to iron deficiency anaemia.
- Total Iron Binding Capacity(TIBC): It is performed along with other iron tests. The total iron binding capacity test is used to check whether the body has too much amount of iron or too little iron in the bloodstream. The main purpose of this test is to evaluate the working of transferrin that carries iron through the blood. Iron helps the body to form haemoglobin. It is an important protein which carries oxygen throughout the body.
- % Transferrin Saturation: It is used to know the ratio of serum iron and total iron binding capacity in percentage. Transferrin is a protein produced by the liver. When the iron storage runs low, the liver produces more transferrin to increase the level of iron in the blood. This test is also performed to detect iron deficiency and iron overload. For a male, the average value for transferrin saturation is 15-50%. For a female, the average value for transferrin saturation is 12-45%.