Price @ 400/- Only | Fasting Needed | Sample Type: Serum
Test Parameters Included In Lipid Profile
- HDL CHOLESTEROL – DIRECT
- LDL / HDL RATIO
- LDL CHOLESTEROL – DIRECT
- NON-HDL CHOLESTEROL
- TC/ HDL CHOLESTEROL RATIO
- TOTAL CHOLESTEROL
- VLDL CHOLESTEROL
What Is A Lipid Profile?
A Lipid profile test is a bundle of tests used to measure the amount of cholesterol and different kinds of fats present in your blood. This test is useful in evaluating the danger of coronary artery disease. There are two essential types of lipids present in our body.
All these lipids are transported in the blood with the help of lipoproteins. This lipoprotein includes the combination of several molecules like protein, triglyceride, cholesterol and phospholipid. The lipid panel will classify all the lipoprotein levels of high density, low density and very low density.
What Are Cardiovascular Diseases(CVD)?
A CVD (Cardiovascular disease) is a generalised term to represent the several disorders related to the heart. These disorders can affect the heart and blood vessels. Some of the persistent cardiovascular diseases over a long period can result in several risky problems. This can increase the chances of a sudden stroke or heart attack because of the blockage of a blood vessel. An individual who has a high level of HDL cholesterol levels are prone to be risker side of cardiovascular disease.
A Lipid Profile By Thyrocare Incorporates The Following Tests:
- Total Cholesterol: This evaluates the total cholesterol in all the lipoprotein particles
- HDL Cholesterol-Direct: This evaluates the cholesterol present in the high-density lipoprotein particles. These are also known as good cholesterol. The high-density lipoprotein cholesterol takes up the excess amount of cholesterol present in your body and pushes it to the liver to reduce it.
- LDL Cholesterol-Direct: This measures the amount of cholesterol present in the low-density lipoprotein LDL. This is also known as bad cholesterols. It gets stuck and deposited in the walls of the blood vessels. These levels should be under control to reduce the chances of atherosclerosis. The amount of Low-density lipoproteins LDL are evaluated based on triglycerides, high-density lipoproteins HDL and total cholesterols.
- Non-HDL Cholesterol: This shows the results of the number of harmful cholesterol levels after subtracting the high-density lipoproteins. (HDL are good cholesterols while LDL are bad cholesterols)
- LDL/HDL Ratio: This shows the average ratio between the low-density lipoproteins and high-density lipoproteins. For example, if LDL levels are 5.2mmol/l, and the HDL levels are 1.3 mmol/l. Then the ratio will be 4.1. The higher rate shows that there can be a higher risk of heart disease.
- TC/HDL Cholesterol Ratio: These are the average ratio of the amount of high-density cholesterol and the total cholesterol. For example, if a person has a total cholesterol of 200mg/dl and the high-density cholesterol are 60mg/dl. So the overall ratio will be of 3.3. The lower ratio values show lower chances of a heart attack while the higher rate should be treated as soon as possible.
- Triglycerides: This measures the number of triglycerides present in the very low-density lipoprotein particles.
- VLDL Cholesterol: This shows the result calculated by the formula, triglycerides/5. This is typically the overall composition of very-low-density lipoprotein particles present in the blood.
Lipids are the fats and greasy substances that are stored in blood & tissues and are utilised by the body as a source of energy. While lipid levels help keep the body working correctly, lipid issues, like increased cholesterol, may lead to severe conditions like heart assaults, strokes, or coronary vein sickness.
Why Cholesterol Testing Is So Important, And When Should I Get A Lipid Profile Test Done?
The lipid profile test is required to check for dyslipidaemia indications; it is additionally done to check grown-ups and youngsters who are risk-prone to high blood cholesterol value and triglycerides. This happens because of the advancement of diabetes, hypertension or a heart disorder. These tests are also directed as a follow up to evaluate the treatment-experienced and diet control program. The doctor may request a lipid profile as a regular part of a health test. The outcomes from this test may be utilised to prevent, screen, or analyse different medical ailments. It might also be performed to assess the success of different medications, or the adequacy of medication treatments or lipid-lowering lifestyle changes. One of the real hazard factors for various disease and medical conditions is an abnormal state of low-thickness lipoprotein (LDL) cholesterol.
That’s why it is advised that all adults, even with no risk factors of heart disease, should get tested done once every one to two years.
Apart From This, Other Hazard Factors Incorporate:
- Age of the person (male of 45 years and older or female of 50 years and above older).
- Cigarette Smoking
- Being Overweight
- Diabetes or pre-diabetes
- Had a heart attack earlier or either having a heart-related problem.
- Hypertension (Taking regular medication to treat high blood pressure or the blood pressure value is above then 140/90).
- Physically inactive (Not doing the required amount of exercise to burn the extra fats).
- A family history of heart disorder (first degree of a female under 65 of age or a first-degree from male relative under 55 of age).
- Unhealthy diet.
What Does The Lipid Profile Test Report Mean?
Cholesterol levels are estimated in milligrams (mg) per deciliter (dL) of blood. The lipid profile typical values are as per the following:
- LDL: 70 to 130 mg/dL.
- HDL: greater than 40 to 60 mg/dL.
- Total cholesterol: less than 200 mg/dL.
- Triglycerides: 10 to 150 mg/dL.
- If outcomes are outside the normal range, an individual may be at a more serious danger of strokes, heart sicknesses, etc.
Can A Lipid Profile Test Be Done At Home?
Yes!, We provide the facility for doorstep sample collection facility, where our associated expert will take a blood sample at your convenience. AreYouHealthy is giving a Lipid Profile and other test packages like Thyroid Lipid Combo Package, Preventive Health Checkup 30, General Health Checkup 60 at a low price. We are in partnership with Thyrocare for health packages, which is the world’s biggest brand in the preventive healthcare industry. For more information in regards to the health checkup packages, please don’t hesitate to call us on +917289876363. After adequately inspecting the sample, the executives from Thyrocare will send you the reports on your registered email.