Detailed List Of All Tests Parameters Of liver Function test (LFT)
- ALANINE TRANSAMINASE (SGPT)
- ALBUMIN – SERUM
- ALKALINE PHOSPHATASE
- ASPARTATE AMINOTRANSFERASE (SGOT )
- BILIRUBIN (INDIRECT)
- BILIRUBIN – TOTAL
- BILIRUBIN -DIRECT
- GAMMA GLUTAMYL TRANSFERASE (GGT)
- PROTEIN – TOTAL
- SERUM ALB/GLOBULIN RATIO
- SERUM GLOBULIN
About LFT Test
AreYouHealthy in India is offering Liver Function Test at low rate. Once you book the test, Thyrocare officials will serve you in the best possible way. You will get a confirmation call from Thyrocare executives. A team of sample collector will reach your place at the scheduled time and will collect the sample. After inspecting the test sample, Thyrocare experts will send you the reports on an email. As a feature of a routine health checkup, the specialist may suggest blood work. This frequently includes a total serum protein test. It gauges the level of protein in the blood. This can give a person an understanding of his or her general health. It can also be utilised to search for some genuine medical issues. The liver makes most of the hormones. They are essential for good health.
LFT Blood Test (Or Liver Function Test)
- Albumin: This transports medicines and hormones throughout the body. It likewise helps with tissue growth and healing. Globulin: This is a set of proteins. The liver makes some of them. Our immune system makes others. They help fight infection and transport nutrients. The serum protein test measures all the proteins in the blood. This test checks the amount of albumin to globulin, or what’s called the “A/G ratio.”
- Alkaline Phosphatase Test. Alkaline phosphatase is an enzyme present throughout the body. An alkaline phosphate(ALP) test measure the amount of ALP in the blood. This enzyme is mostly found in the liver, bones, kidneys, and digestive system. When the liver is damaged, ALP may leak into the blood. High levels of ALP can indicate liver disease or bone disorders.
- Bilirubin– Direct Test. Bilirubin is a substance produced when the body breaks down old red blood cells. This is a normal process. Bilirubin is also part of bile, which our liver makes to help digest the food we eat. A small level of bilirubin in the blood is natural. Healthy adults produce 250 to 350mg of bilirubin per day. Bilirubin is bound to a certain Bilirubin that is bound to a specific protein (egg whites) in the blood is called unconjugated, or indirect, bilirubin. Conjugated, or direct, bilirubin goes from the liver into the small intestine. A little amount goes into the kidneys and is discharged in pee. This bilirubin also gives pee it’s distinctive yellow shading. This test is typically done to search for liver issues, for example, hepatitis, or blockages, for example, gallstones.
- Bilirubin– Indirect Test. This test estimates the level of bilirubin in the blood. Our body makes bilirubin when it separates haemoglobin. Haemoglobin constitutes red blood cells as a protein. The breakdown of haemoglobin is called hemolysis. Our liver expels bilirubin from our body. So estimating bilirubin is one approach to check how well our liver is functioning.
- Bilirubin– Total Test. This is a blood test that estimates the level of a substance called bilirubin. This test is utilised to find how well the liver is functioning. Generally, it is given as a part of a liver function test. A little amount of bilirubin in the blood is ordinary. However, an abnormal level might be an indication of a liver disorder. The liver makes bile to help us to process sustenance, and bile contains bilirubin. Most bilirubin originates from the body’s normal procedure of breaking down old red blood cells. A healthy liver can generally get rid of bilirubin. But when a patient has liver problems, bilirubin can develop in the body to unfortunate levels.
- Gamma Glutamyl Transferase (GGT) Test. The gamma-glutamyl transferase (GGT) blood test determines the amount of enzyme GGT in the blood. GGT is an enzyme present in high levels in the liver, brain, heart, kidney, pancreas. It is also present in a lesser amount in different tissues. This test is beneficial in detecting diseases of the liver or bile ducts. It is also performed with other tests (such as the ALT, AST, ALP, and bilirubin tests). It may also be done to monitor, alcohol use.
- Total Protein Test. The total protein test determines the total amount of two types of proteins found in the fluid portion of the blood. These are:- albumin and globulin. Proteins are vital parts of all cells and tissues.
- Serum Albumin Test. A healthy liver converts the protein an individual ingests into albumin. When the liver isn’t working effectively, this procedure diminishes and may prompt a drop in albumin levels. A specialist will regularly ask for an albumin test as a component of a metabolic panel. The serum albumin test allows the doctor to determine if an individual has liver or kidney disorder or if the body is not absorbing the required protein. It helps to prevent fluid from leaking out of blood vessels.
- Serum Globulin Test. Serum Globulins are a critical part of the immune system. Globulins are a set of proteins in the blood. They are produced in the liver by the immune system. Globulins play a vital role in liver function, blood clotting, and fighting infection. There are four essential types of globulins. They are called alpha 1, alpha 2, beta, and gamma. Since there are different types of globulins, there are different types of globulin tests. Globulin test can be used to diagnose many conditions.
- Aspartate Aminotransferase(SGOT) Test. The aspartate aminotransferase (AST) blood test determines the level of the enzyme AST in the blood. AST is present in the highest concentrations in the liver, muscles, heart, kidney, brain and red blood cells. A limited amount of AST is typically in the bloodstream. Higher-than-normal amounts of the enzyme in the blood may be a sign of a health problem. Abnormal levels can be related to liver injury. SGOT test is mainly performed along with other tests(ALT, ALP, and bilirubin) to diagnose and monitor liver disorder.
- ALT (Alanine Aminotransferase) Test. An alanine aminotransferase test measures the amount of ALT in the blood. ALT is an enzyme produced by cells in the liver.
This Page was Last Updated by 16/05/2020