Luteinising hormone (LH) test is used to evaluate the function of reproductive organs, fertility issues, pituitary function, etc. luteinising hormone is a hormone produced by both male and female. The name of the hormone is gonadotropin. It affects the sex organs in both male and female. In women, it affects ovaries, and in men, it affects testes. It is produced in pituitary glands. Luteinising hormone triggers the production of estrogen in the follicle.
Luteinising hormone is used in conjunction with other tests:
1. In the work of fertility.
2. To evaluate Luteinising Hormone levels during the menstrual cycle.
3. In the diagnosis of pituitary disorders that affect LH production.
4. To investigate menstrual irregularities.
5. To diagnose conditions related to the dysfunction of testicles and ovaries.
In adults, Luteinising hormone test is ordered when:
1. A woman is having difficulty getting pregnant.
2. A woman has irregular menstrual periods.
3. A man has a low testosterone level.
In children, luteinising hormone test is ordered when they are entering their puberty at an appropriate age:
1. Breast enlargement in girls.
2. The growth of pubic hair.
3. The growth of testicles and penis in boys.
4. Beginning of menstruation in girls.
Luteinising level help to differentiate between primary and secondary ovarian failure. Primary ovarian failure is due to lack of development of ovarian. Secondary ovarian failure is due to disorders of hypothalamus and pituitary.
Causes of primary ovarian failure:
1. Development defects:
* Chromosomal abnormality.
* Failure to develop ovaries.
* defect in steroids production by ovaries.
1. Development defects:
* viral infection.
* autoimmune disease.
1. Central nervous system tumour.
2. Brain injury, trauma.
3. Brain surgery.
4. Adrenal gland tumours.
5. Testicular tumours.
6. Hormone-secreting tumours.
Drugs which can affect the luteinising hormone level are:
5. Oral contraceptives.
6. Hormone treatments.
If you want to book luteinising hormone (LH) test call us on +917289-87-6363. Or you can visit our profile www.areyouhealthy.in for online booking. AreYouHealthy offers this test at low rate. Please fill up the form provided on the site and submit it. Our agent will call you to appoint the date and time for home sample collection appointment. The test result will send it to in your registered email address. Extra Rs 75 will be charged for hard copies.