44 Tests | Sample Type: Serum
About Thyrocare New Born Screening Profile
New born screening profile is for newly born babies. It is very important to take care of your baby at the starting stages of life. If the baby is not healthy at starting it will be difficult for the baby to live the whole life healthily. So we recommend the best advice to you. It would be best if you opted for newborn screening for your babies. We are offering this test at a possible discount rate. This profile includes 5 profiles with 44 test parameters. It is very difficult to travel with newly born babies. We have to take care of many things. So if you are going through difficulties regarding travelling with a baby. Don’t be stressed because we are here to provide help. We offer home sample collection services. Just call our number +917289876363 for an appointment. When the appointment is fixed, the Thyrocare representative will come to your home and collect the test samples. Pay the total fees to the Thyrocare representative. Thyrocare will send you the reports within 48-72 working days. Extra Rs 75 will be charged for hard copies.
44 Test Parameter in New Born Screening Profile
These profiles are used to screen the genetic, developmental, metabolic disorder in the baby. Most of the illness is rare and can be cured if they detect it early. With the help of newborn screening profile, we check for 51 disorders. Screening for hearing problem and critical congenital heart disease is also recommended for newborn.
How The Test Is Performed?
- Blood test: The blood drops are taken from the baby’s feet. After that, the blood is sent to the laboratory for analysis.
- Hearing test: In a hearing test, a tiny earpiece or microphone is placed in the infant’s ear.
- Critical congenital heart disease (CCHD): A doctor will place an oximeter on the baby’s skin. It will measure the oxygen level of hand and foot of a baby.
Blood Screening Is Used To Detect Many Disorders Such As:
- Biotinidase deficiency.
- Congenital adrenal hyperplasia.
- Amino acid metabolism disorders.
- Congenital hypothyroidism.
- Cystic fibrosis.
- Fatty acid metabolism disorders.
- Glucose-6-phosphate dehydrogenase deficiency (G6PD).
- Human immunodeficiency disease (HIV).
- Organic acid metabolism disorders.
- Sickle cell disease and other haemoglobin disorders and traits.