About Thyrocare Pcod Profile
The pcod profile contains 9 profiles with 37 test parameters. PCOD stands for polycystic ovary syndrome. It is performed to assess the function and level of hormones in the body. For this profile special preparation .i.e., fasting is needed for 10-12 hours. AreYouHealthy is here to provide a home sample collection facility. Be hassle free from all your problems associated with the health checkups. We will come to your house to take your test samples.
Test profile included in Pcod Profile:
- LUTEINISING HORMONE: Both men and women produce Luteinising hormone. In women, it affects ovaries, and in men, it affects testes. It plays a role in fertility, puberty, and menstruation. The pituitary gland produces the luteinising hormone. It is important for women for the menstrual cycle. It works with follicle stimulating hormone that stimulates the ovarian follicle.
- FOLLICLE STIMULATING HORMONE(FSH): Follicle stimulating hormone is a part of the reproductive system. FSH is responsible for the growth of ovarian follicles. It produces estrogen and progesterone in the ovaries. FSH is responsible for sperm production in men. In women, FSH test is used to assess fertility issues, irregular menstrual cycles, or diseases associated with ovaries. In men, it is used to evaluate low sperm count, assess hypogonadism, and testicular dysfunction.
- PROLACTIN TEST is performed to evaluate abnormal nipple discharge, the unexplained flow of breast milk, infertility in women. Prolactin level is used to know the sexual satisfaction in men and women. In women, prolactin test is ordered when a woman is suffering from a prolactinoma.
- THYROID STIMULATING HORMONE (TSH): Thyroid stimulating hormone is responsible for the number of hormones released by the thyroid gland. It is used to determine the amount of TSH in the blood. It is also used to determine the difference between hypothyroidism and hyperthyroidism.
- TESTOSTERONE TEST. This profile is used to determine the level of testosterone in the body. It is a sex hormone and androgen produced by male and female. It is responsible for puberty and fertility. Production of testosterone in male occurs in testes while in women it occurs in ovaries. The higher level of testosterone is found in males as compared to females.
- INSULIN-FASTING. This test is used to determine the insulin production in the pancreas. It is also used to detect hypoglycemia. It is a condition where the blood glucose level is low in the body.
- DHEA-S TEST. DHEA stands for dehydroepiandrosterone (DHEA). It is a hormone produced by both male and female.
- DIABETIC SCREEN: This profile has 2 test parameters. First is HbA1c and another one is Average blood glucose. This profile is used to detect the average blood sugar level of a person over the past of 8 to 12 weeks. This test helps diabetic people to monitor their sugar level.
- COMPLETE HEMOGRAM: It contains a wide range of blood tests. It has 28 test parameters. It is used to evaluate the total count of blood cells. This test will help to detect a wide range of diseases. It will assess the main components of blood, i.e., Red blood cells, white blood cells, hematocrit, platelets and hemogram.