Pro Arthritis Profile Test by Thyrocare
Arthritis is a vast term that covers more than 100 diseases. With so many forms of arthritis, some causes are still unknown. This mainly affects joints such as- wrists, knees, fingers or hips. But some type of arthritis can also affect connected organs and tissues. Arthritis can come to any people in any walk of life. Rheumatoid arthritis is a type of arthritis which is difficult to be diagnosed in its early stage. Rheumatoid arthritis disturbs the lining of the joints and causes painful swelling. After the early stages, symptoms may reach to wrists, knees, ankles, elbows and shoulders. Arthritis panel includes 57 tests bundled under six sub-profiles:- phosphorus test, rheumatoid factor test, anti-streptolysin-O, complement 4, Anti CCP and anti-nuclear antibodies.
Sub-profiles Included In Pro Arthritis Profile
- Cardiac Risk Markers Profile. This test examines the cardiovascular condition. This test is done to ensure what are the chances of getting a heart attack or stroke. This test gives the exact shape of the heart. The doctor refers to this test to determine risk factors. Experts or lab technician will take a blood sample and examine it in a lab. This test gives the best result when the patient is on fast for several hours and avoids any drug. Lipid panel test is another name for Cardiac Risk Markers profile.
- Complete Hemogram Profile. A complete hemogram profile helps to evaluate overall health and to detect a wide range of disorders. The disorders may include:- anaemia, infection and leukaemia. This test does not require any fasting; you can eat and normally drink before the test. In case there are some additional blood tests also, then the doctor may ask the patient to fast. This profile checks more than 25 parameters, some of them are:- total RBC, haemoglobin, eosinophils, total leucocytes count, monocytes, neutrophils, nucleated red blood cells.
- Diabetes Profile. Diabetes is a sum of diseases that involve problems with insulin. The pancreas releases insulin hormone which helps the body to utilise blood sugar. Till now, there is no aid for diabetes. People with diabetes need to improve their diet to stay healthy. An increment in blood sugar causes diabetes symptoms. General symptoms may include:- Increased hunger, sores that don’t heal, blurry vision, weight loss. The most common types of diabetes are:- type 1 diabetes and type 2 diabetes.
- Electrolytes Profile. Chloride and sodium are the essential electrolytes that help the human body to function well. Foods that are high in electrolytes are:- milk, yoghurt, soy milk(unsweetened), butternut squash, mushrooms, coconut water, celery.
- HB27 Profile. HLB 27 comes under this profile. An HLB 27 is a blood test which measures HLA-B27 proteins. HLB 27 protein is located at the surface of white blood cells. HLB 27 contributes to immune system dysfunction. The negative test result shows the absence of HLA-B27 in blood. And if the results are standard, it may be a cause of concern, the presence of the antigen doesn’t always mean that an autoimmune disorder will develop.
- Lipid Profile. This group of test measures the amount of some fats like – cholesterol, triglycerides. These fats are good for cell health and but they can be harmful when they build up in blood. Sometimes they can also lead to clogged, inflamed arteries. This may keep your heart from working regularly. This panel of test measures – VLDL cholesterol, triglycerides, total cholesterol, non-HDL cholesterol, etc.
- Liver Profile. The liver is a large organ that relaxes on the right side of the belly. The main job of the liver is to the blood coming from the digestive tract. The liver also makes proteins that are crucial for blood clotting. Types of liver disease include:- hepatitis, cirrhosis, liver cancer, gallstones, primary biliary cirrhosis. Symptoms of liver function include:- fatigue, a low sex drive, joint pain, vomiting, nosebleeds.
- Renal Profile. We have two kidneys located in the middle of our back. Inside each kidney, there are million tiny structures called nephrons. They filter our blood and removes waste and extra water. Mostly, kidney disease attacks nephrons. And this damage can lead to imbalanced functioning of kidney. Causes can include many severe problems like genetic problems. If someone has diabetes, then he or she has a higher risk of kidney disease. This test includes five parameters, namely- calcium, uric acid, blood urea nitrogen, creatinine-serum, bun/sr — creatinine ratio.
- Thyroid Profile. Thyroid Stimulating Hormone test comes under this profile. This test detects thyroid disorders. TSH is produced by the pituitary gland. Symptoms may include- anxiety, weight loss, hair loss. Low level of TSH can mean that the thyroid is making too much thyroid hormone. If this test result is abnormal, then the doctor may suggest some other tests also.
- Vitamin Profile. Vitamin panel includes testing of 2 vitamins:- vitamin B12 and 25-OH vitamin D(total). The thyrocare executive will come to your doorstep and will test samples will be collected there itself. Reports will be sent to you on your registered email. It is to be kept in mind that 10-12 hrs fasting is required before the test sample collection.