AreYouHealthy is providing Progesterone Test at just Rs. 389.
As we are associated with Thyrocare, so once you book the test, Thyrocare executives will lead the further process.
Sample collector executive from Thyrocare will come to your place at your selected time slot.
What is a progesterone test?
A progesterone test is a blood test that checks on ovulation or possible fertility problems, or to make sure if everything is OK if a woman is already pregnant. This test measures the amount of progesterone in the blood.
Progesterone is a hormone produced by a women’s ovaries. It plays a vital role in pregnancy. Progesterone helps in making the uterus ready to support a fertilised egg. It also allows breasts for producing milk.
Progesterone level varies during women’s menstrual cycle. And in case a woman is pregnant, the progesterone level will continue to rise. Progesterone level is ten times more in a pregnant woman than in a woman who is not.
Men also make progesterone, but in a small amount and adrenal glands and testes produce it.
Progesterone test along with some other analysis could help diagnose any particular problem.
The other famous name of progesterone test is serum progesterone or PGSN or progesterone blood test.
The need of Progesterone Test
* If a woman is having troubles in getting pregnant, then the doctor may suggest this test.
* A progesterone test can help the doctor to see if a woman is ovulating normally.
* This test may also be required to check the health of the pregnancy. The doctor may recommend progesterone test if a woman is at risk for miscarriage or other pregnancy complications.
* If a woman has symptoms like abdominal cramps or bleeding, or a previous history of miscarriage, her pregnancy may be at risk.
What do the results mean?
If the progesterone levels are higher than usual, it may mean you:
* are pregnant
* have a disorder of the adrenal glands
* have ovarian cancer
* If a woman is pregnant with two or more babies, then the level of progesterone level may be even higher.
* If the progesterone levels are lower than usual, it may mean that: a woman has an ectopic pregnancy, or she had a miscarriage, or she is not ovulating normally.
After reading the article, if you feel that you’re left with some other doubts, feel free to call us on 7289-87-6363.