Don’t have time to get tested? AreYouHealthy is providing Rubella-IgG test at a low rate. And you don’t even need to come to the lab. An executive from Thyrocare will come to your place to collect the sample. And you don’t even need to pay in advance. When an executive from Thyrocare comes to your place to collect a sample, then you’re required to pay.
What is Rubella-IgG test?
- A rubella test checks for the antibodies that are made by the immune system to help kill the rubella virus. These antibodies remain in the blood for a long time.
- Rubella, also called German measles, doesn’t cause long term problems.
- Mostly it causes mild fever and rash that go away in a few days.
- In case if a woman is pregnant, rubella can be very serious. If the pregnant woman gets it in the first four months, her baby could have eye, hearing, or heart problems.
- A German measles or rubella test is generally done for a woman who is or wants to become pregnant to conclude whether she is at risk for rubella. The most common method to detect rubella antibodies in the blood is- linked immunosorbent assay(ELISA, EIA).
- Rubella IgG stays in the bloodstream for life. That means that if a person had either the illness or the vaccine in the past and are now immune to the virus.
Who gets this test?
- A woman who is having or planning to have a baby
- Students starting college
- Anyone with rubella symptoms
- A newborn with congenital disabilities that could be caused by rubella
Symptoms of German Measles
Symptoms of Rubella are so moderate that they are difficult to notice. They hardly lasts about three to seven days, and they include:
- Muscle pain
- Mild fever
- Runny or stuffy nose
Cause of German Measles
- German measles is caused by rubella(a virus). This virus is a highly infectious virus that can spread through close contact or the air. It may also pass from one person to another through contact with tiny drops of fluid from the nose and throat when coughing and sneezing.
- This means that a person can get this virus by inhaling the droplets of a poisoned person or touching an object infected with the droplets.
- This virus can also be transmitted from a pregnant woman to her developing baby through the bloodstream.
- UNITS: OD Ratio
- TECHNOLOGY: E.L.I.S.A
- FASTING TYPE: NON FASTING
- SAMPLE TYPE: SERUM
- VOLUME: 1ml