About Serum Copper Test
- Serum copper test is used to evaluate the amount of copper in urine, blood, liver tissue. It is also used to diagnose Wilson disease and to determine the copper deficiency in the body. Copper is an essential mineral that our needs. In the body, copper incorporates into enzymes. These enzymes are used in energy production, the formation of connective tissue, regulation of iron metabolism, the function of the nervous system, etc.
- Copper can be found in many foods such as chocolate, mushroom, nuts, whole grains, liver, and dry fruits. Usually, the body absorbs most of the copper from food and intestines. After absorbing it is converted into non-toxic form by binding with protein. 95% of copper is bound to ceruloplasmin in the blood, and the rest of the copper is linked to a protein such as an albumin. The excess amount of copper is eliminated into the bile or expel out through urine.
- Wilson disease is a rare inherited disorder which can lead to excessive storage of copper in the brain, liver, and other organs. Copper deficiency occurs to those people who have severe malabsorption, celiac disease, cystic fibrosis, etc.
Symptoms of copper deficiency are:
4. Delayed growth and neurologic symptoms.
Sign and symptoms due to Wilson disease, excess copper storage, or copper poisoning are:
4. Behavioural changes.
6. Abdominal pain.
8. Difficulty swallowing and walking.
Serum copper test is offered by AreYouHealthy at a low rate. For more enquiries and booking for this test call us on +917289-87-6363. Alternatively, you can visit www.areyouhealthy.in for online booking. In online booking fill-up the form by giving details. After submission, our agent will call you to appoint the available slot for an appointment. Test results will be updated in 2-3 working days via registered email id. Rs 75 will be charged extra for hard copies result.