Test Parameters Included In Thyroid Panel 3
- ANTI MICROSOMAL ANTIBODY (AMA)
- FREE TRIIODOTHYRONINE (FT3)
- FREE THYROXINE (FT4)
- TOTAL TRIIODOTHYRONINE (T3)
- TOTAL THYROXINE (T4)
- THYROID STIMULATING HORMONE (TSH)
Details Of Thyroid Panel 3
(Our Laboratory Partners are Certified and Extremely Reliable. Currently home pickup service is available in over 2000 Pincodes all over India. Book Thyroid Panel 3 now.)
The Thyroid Panel 3 Checkup is performed to detect thyroid diseases. It will check the certain thyroid hormone levels. All these test parameters help to determine thyroid functions.
- ANTI MICROSOMAL ANTIBODY.This test is done to find out the cause of thyroid problems. This test comes out with the levels of anti-microsomal antibody. Symptoms can be:- Dry skin, Hyperthyroidism, Rapid heart rate, Anxiety and Tremors. The patient is not required to fast for this test. In case he or she is using any supplements or medications, the doctor may ask to stop taking them before the test. The blood sample is required for this test. This blood is sent for lab tests. The result may take 24 to 36 hours. A test that comes as negative is considered as a normal result as these antibodies are not found in a healthy body. In case someone has an autoimmune disease or a thyroid disorder, antibodies level may increase. If the results are positive, it may be due to:- Graves’ disease, Sjogren’s disease, Thyroid cancer, Rheumatoid arthritis
- Free Triiodothyronine (FT3). Free triiodothyronine is the second level of test in thyroid panel 3. This test is done to measure free triiodothyronine in the blood. Triiodothyronine is one of the two major hormones composed by the thyroid gland. This hormone helps to control the rate at which energy is used in tissues. This test is performed to check if the thyroid gland in hyperactive or underactive. It may also be ordered in case the result of TSH are abnormal. Signs and symptoms may include: Increased heart rate, Anxiety, Weight loss, Weakness. No test preparation is needed. But some medications, supplements can interfere with the result. Acute illness may also change the thyroid test result. FT3 is not a delicate test for hypothyroidism. If this test is performed along with some other tests, the patient may need to fast for several hours. A blood sample is taken from a vein in the arm. Free T3 results are generally evaluated along with some other. T3 result may indicate an overactive gland or underactive gland. If someone has been diagnosed with the thyroid disorder and the test results are normal, then the treatment he or she is receiving is working on the right track. If the level of triiodothyronine is below the normal level, then it may indicate hypothyroidism, a long-term illness, malnutrition.
- Free Thyroxine(FT4). Thyroid gland produces thyroxine hormone. This hormone plays several roles in body functioning. T4 exists in two forms in our body. A free T4 test measures the free T4 in the blood. There are two types of tests:- Total T4 test and Free t4 test. If TSH has come with an abnormal test, then, in that case, the doctor may order a free T4 test. A free T4 will help the doctor to examine the exact problem. If the doctor suspects some of the symptoms mentioned below, then he or she will order FT4. Hand tremors, Changes in heart rate, Changes in blood pressure, Anxiety. There is no major preparation for this test. But say to your doctor if you’re onto some medications. A blood sample will be drawn from a vein in the arm. An abnormal test result of FT4 alone can’t give complete information to understand or diagnose the condition. T3 and TSH test results may also be considered to completely understand the picture. Abnormal result may be caused by:- High levels of protein in blood, Too much iodine and Germ cells tumors
- Total Triiodothyronine (T3). This test is done to measure the hormone T3. T3 helps control many body functions like- body growth, body temperature and heart rate. T3 exists in two forms in blood. The total T3 test measures both the bound and free forms of T3 in a child’s blood. The doctor may order this test when a child’s symptoms or various previous blood tests suggest some thyroid dysfunction. This test is also done to detect infertility in females. This test is not affected by protein level and thus gives more accurate results. No special preparation is required. On the day of the test, having the patient in short-sleeved shirt will help the lab technician in drawing the blood. High T3 level indicates Hyperthyroidism. It may be caused by too much iodine, too much protein, too much thyroid medications. Abnormally low level indicates Hypothyroidism, iodine deficiency. This test result is generally evaluated with other thyroid tests.
- Total Thyroxine(FT4) A total T4 test measures the amount of T4 that has no bonded to a protein with any free T4. The patient’s doctor may order this test in case TSH test result has come with an abnormal result. When someone has signs and symptoms of thyroid disorder, then this test is recommended.
- Thyroid Stimulating Hormone (TSH). A TSH test is done to check whether the thyroid gland is working correctly or not. This test also tells about if the thyroid gland is overactive or underactive. The test is done by simply drawing the blood and then it is sent to a lab. TSH level is used to determine the thyroid disorders.
This page was last updated by 08/10/2020