No Fasting Needed | Sample Type: Serum
About Thyrocare Thyroid Profile B
We are offering Thyroid Profile B at low rate. It consists of 7 test parameters. For this profile, fasting is not required. You can give test samples at your doorstep by using our home sample collection facility. All you have to do is pick your mobile phone and call our number +917289876363. Please give us your personal details for booking. The second option for booking is by visiting our site Areyouhealthy.in . The test reports will be delivered via email within 2-3 working days.
Test Parameters Included In Thyroid Profile B:
- Total triiodothyronine( T3)
- Total thyroxine(T4)
- Thyroid-stimulating hormone(TSH)
- Free triiodothyronine
- Free thyroxine
- Antithyroglobulin antibody (ATA)
- Anti-microsomal antibody (AMA)
Description Of Test Parameters:
The thyroid gland is located just below Adam’s apple in the neck. The thyroid gland creates 2 hormones that control the energy used by the body. One of the hormones produced by the thyroid gland is triiodothyronine(T3). It is responsible for temperature, metabolism, and heart rate of the body. The higher number of triiodothyronine is bind to the protein in the body. Total triiodothyronine test is performed to determine the problem with the thyroid gland.
Thyroid Problem Includes:
Other Symptoms Of Thyroid Problems:
- Difficulty sleeping
- Dry and puffy skin
- Hair loss
- Hand Tremors
- Increased heart rate
- Weakness and fatigue
- Weight loss and gain
Total Thyroxine test is used to determine the total amount of thyroxine hormone that is bind to the protein. This test is ordered when the doctor suspect some sign and symptoms. Some symptoms are:
- Eye issues
- Cold intolerance
- Sensitivity to light
- Menstrual irregularity
- Thyroid Stimulating Hormone(TSH) is used to detect the type of thyroid, i.e., hypothyroidism and hyperthyroidism. High level of thyroid-stimulating hormone indicates an underactive thyroid.
- Free triiodothyronine test is used to determine the amount of free triiodothyronine in the body. Free triiodothyronine are those hormones that are not bound with protein. They freely flow in the blood. Free thyroxine test is performed to determine the amount of free thyroxine in the blood. Most of the triiodothyronine and thyroxine is bind to the protein only less amount of these two hormones are free, i.e., not bound to the protein.
- The thyroid gland produces different proteins including thyroglobulin. Thyroglobulin is used to produce the active thyroid hormones. If a person has an autoimmune condition, it will disrupt the production of thyroglobulin. When our immune system attacks the thyroid, it targets thyroglobulin. It causes the production of antithyroglobulin antibodies.
Antithyroglobulin test is ordered when a person have the following symptoms:
- Dry skin.
- Unexplained weight gain.
When the cells in the thyroid become damaged, the body produces antibodies. These antibodies can be measured by Anti Microsomal Antibody test. It helps to regulate metabolism.
High level of anti-microsomal in the body indicates:
- Hashimoto’s thyroiditis
- Grave’s disease
- Autoimmune hemolytic anaemia
- Thyroid cancer
- Rheumatoid arthritis
- Sjogren’s syndrome.