Price @ 200/- Only | Non Fasting | Sample Type: Serum
About Thyroid Stimulating Hormone Test
The Thyroid stimulating hormone (TSH) test is performed to evaluate the amount of TSH in the blood. If the pituitary gland produces more TSH, the thyroid will produce more hormones. These two glands work together to produce the right amount of hormones. If this system is disrupted, the thyroid gland will produce either too much or too low amount of hormones. This test is often used to determine the cause of abnormal thyroid hormone levels.
TSH Test Is Used Generally Ordered to identify the any of the following.
- Diagnose a thyroid disorder with sign and symptoms.
- Evaluate the function of the pituitary gland.
- Monitor thyroid replacement therapy.
- Monitor anti-thyroid treatment in people with hyperthyroidism.
- Thyroid-stimulating hormone test is ordered when a person has a sign and symptoms of hyperthyroidism and hypothyroidism.
Symptoms Of Hyperthyroidism Include
- Weight loss
- Increased heart rate
- Difficulty in sleeping
- Light sensitivity
- Visual disturbances
- Bulging of the eyes
Symptoms Of Hypothyroidism Include
- Hair loss
- Dry skin
- Weight gain
- Puffy skin
- Fertility problems in women
- Cold intolerance
AreYouHealthy offers a Thyroid Stimulating Hormone(TSH) test at a low rate. For booking and queries, you can call us on +917289-87-6363 or fill up the application form. Once the form is submitted, our assistance will call you to offer a convenient slot for an appointment. The payment can be paid at the time of sample collection. The test result will be updated in 2-3 working days in your registered email id. RS 75 will be charged extra for hard copies.
TSH Test Description
- UNITS: µIU/ml
- TECHNOLOGY: C.L.I.A
- FASTING TYPE: NON FASTING
- SAMPLE TYPE: SERUM
- VOLUME: 1ml
- NORMAL RANGE: 0.30 – 5.5