TREPONEMA PALLIDUM HAEMAGGLUTINATION TEST IN INDIA
Now At Rs 400 Only
Treponema pallidum Haemagglutination Test
- Treponema Pallidum Haemagglutination Test utilises 1 Ml of serum as a sample. This is a Non Fasting test. The technology used is Agglutination. The normal range for this parameter is Negative : < 20 Positive : > 20.
- Related Test TREPONEMA PALLIDUM ANTIBODY (TPAB) TEST
- Treponema pallidum Hemagglutination (TPH) Test is a treponemal test for the serologic screening of syphilis (sexually transmitted infection), caused by a Spirochetes called Treponema pallidum. Based on the concept of passive haemagglutination, this test identifies anti-treponemal antibodies (IgG and IgM antibodies) in blood serum or CSF. TPH has been used as a validatory test for the diagnosis of Treponema pallidum infection from long back since the mid-1960s. TPH is an excellent fundamental screening test for syphilis at all levels beyond the early primary stage.
- Book the Treponema Pallidum Haemagglutination Test at a low rate. The booking procedure is quite simple. Just enter the required details in the booking form on this page and tap the SUBMIT button. We at AreYouHealthy care about your precious time and hence the test reports after the test sample collection is mailed to you within 2-3 working days after the specimen collection. The test sample will be collected from your doorstep (registered address) in the reserved time slot.
- Make it easier! Just Dial 7289-87-6363. And let us book your test on call. We provide a 24X7 help assistance on our helpline number.
What is the Treponema Pallidum Haemagglutination(TPH) test?
Treponema pallidum hemagglutination usually known as TPH is a screening test used to identify the dissolved quantity of antibodies in the blood serum sample of an individual against the causative carriers of syphilis. To be accurate, the TPHA test helps in identifying Palladium antibodies via the hemagglutination process. The process uses sensitising of the red blood cells (RBC) with T. palladium fragments. When exposed to the blood serum sample affected with syphilis the cells come to the surface of the test dish.
What is the principle of the Treponema Pallidum Haemagglutination Test?
- TPH (Treponema Pallidum Haemagglutination) test is a passive hemagglutination assay depended on hemagglutination of erythrocytes sensitised along with T. pallidum antigen by antibodies which are found in the individual’s blood serum or plasma. It is used for both qualitative as well as semi-quantitative identification of Anti-treponemal antibodies.
- The collected test sample is diluted in absorbing diluent in order to remove possible cross-reacting heterophile antibody. This is also done to remove, block, or absorb nonpathogenic treponemal antibodies which can be potentially cross-reacting. Sera containing antibodies to T. pallidum react with erythrocytes sensitised with sonicated T. pallidum, Nichols strain (an antigen), which form a smooth mat of agglutinated cells located in the microtiter tray well. In case, antibodies are not present, the cells settle down to the bottom of the tray well, which form a small button of unagglutinated cells.
- Reactive results can indicate an active, recent past, or successfully cured an infection. Screening should be made with a careful history of the individual and a physical analysis as well as relevant lab test results.
- Indeterminate test reports are confirmed with the MHATP and FTA-ABS tests.
False Positive results:
- Although the TPH test is highly definite, false-positive reports have occurred in individuals suffering from leprosy, infectious mononucleosis as well as connective tissue illness. For confirmation, the FTA-ABS test must be used.
When will be the test results provided after the test sample collection of the Treponema Pallidum Haemagglutination Test?
- The test results are mailed within 2-3 days after the test-specimen collection on your registered email. We even send the hard copy of the test results on request. An extra of Rs 75/- is charged for the hard copy.
- You might have any other query or any doubt regarding Treponema Pallidum Haemagglutination Test or any test/health checkup package on AreYouHealthy portal. Why scratch your head when we are there to clarify all your doubt. Reach us 24X7 on 7289-87-6363.