About Valproic acid Test
- Valproic acid is an anticonvulsant medicine. It is also used to prevent seizures. Valproic acid is also known as Valproate. This test is performed to know the amount of valproic acid in the blood. The primary purpose of this test is to monitor the toxicity and therapeutic level. It is very important to get tested, to know the drug’s level if a person shows some symptoms of toxicity.
- A seizure disorder can affect the ability of the brain to transmit electrical impulses. In a seizure, the patient may experience some changes such as consciousness, smell, taste, convulsions, etc. valproic acid test is also prescribed for bipolar disorder. Bipolar disorder is a psychiatric condition in which cycle of mania and depression can be last for days, weeks, months or even years. When a patient is in depression mode, they may feel sad, worthless, hopeless, or have thought of doing suicide. During mania mode, the patient may experience irritability, euphoric, poor judgement and risky behaviour. It is also used to diagnose people with migraine headaches.
Side effects of Valproic Acid
- Mood swings
- Hair loss
- Ringing in the ears
- Back pain
- Blurred vision/ uncontrolled eye movements
- Gastrointestinal symptoms
Excessive use of valproic acid can lead to pancreatitis and liver dysfunction. In the first six months of therapy, it is more likely to have some severe liver damage. During pregnancy, the use of valproic acid can lead to congenital disabilities.
PROCEDURE FOR VALPROIC TEST:
- In a valproic test, the blood is drawn from a vein. The blood can be obtained from an infant by puncturing the heel with a needle. When the blood is drawn from a vein, it is cleaned with antiseptic. After that, an elastic band is placed around the arm. The pressure is applied to the band which results in the swelling of a vein with blood. After the swelling of a vein, a needle is inserted to a vein to draw blood from that.
- You can book an appointment for a valproic acid test. We provide home sample collection also. For an appointment call us on +917289-87-6363. You can make online booking too. For online booking visit our site and fill the form. After filling the form select submit button. After submission of the form, our agent will call you to finalise the date and time for an appointment.
VALPROIC ACID TEST DESCRIPTION
- UNITS: µg/ml
- TECHNOLOGY: C.L.I.A
- FASTING TYPE: NON FASTING
- SAMPLE TYPE: SERUM
- VOLUME: 1ml
- NORMAL RANGE: THERAPEUTIC RANGE: 50 – 100 µg/ml