About AYH Vitamin B Complex Profile
AYH Vitamin B Complex profile test is a preventive health checkup offered our laboratory partner which is nationally recognised. It contains 8 test parameters. 10-12 of fasting is compulsory. Original price of this health checkup package is Rs 2500, but we offer this package at a low rate. Vitamin B complex profile is performed to detect vitamin deficiencies. Alcoholics are more likely to have Vitamin B deficiencies. This is a perfect blood test for vitamin b deficiency. As per our understanding, our rates are most cost-effective in India.
List of tests included in Vitamin B Complex Profile are:
- Vitamin B9/Folic Acid: Vitamin B9 is also called Folic acid. A folic acid is a form of Vitamin B complex. It is found in many foods such as peas, milk, beans, green leafy vegetables, avocados, whole grains, etc. Vitamin B9 is a water-soluble vitamin. It is required for the production of red blood cells. This test is performed to detect deficiency of vitamin B9. Lack of Vitamin B9 can cause Megaloblastic Anemia. Symptoms of anemia are weakness, headache, dizziness, confusion, etc. If an individual does not include vitamin B9 rich foods in his diet, they might get symptoms like swollen tongue, bleeding gums, weakness, memory loss, diarrhea, etc. so, it is advised to take vitamin-rich supplements and foods on a regular schedule.
- Vitamin B7/ Biotin Acid: This test helps to measure the level of Vitamin B7 in your blood. It is also known as Biotin. Biotin acid is necessary because it helps in metabolism and hormone production. Sources of Vitamin B7 are peanut, banana, grapefruit, egg yolks, etc. Vitamin B7 deficiency is very rare but can occur to those people who are malnourished. Symptoms of vitamin B7 deficiency are hair loss, muscles pain, fatigue, rashes near the mouth, eyes, etc. This test is also used to measure to monitor pregnant women.
- Vitamin B6/P5P: Vitamin B6 is a water-soluble vitamin which helps to transmit the signals in the brain. Our body uses Vitamin B6 to break down proteins. If you consume more protein, your body will need more amount of vitamin B6. Deficiency of vitamin B6 can cause numbness and neurological disorders. Sources of Vitamin B6 are meat, potatoes, liver, fish, eggs, etc. Vitamin B6 deficiency is more prevalent to those people who are alcoholics, have cardiovascular failure, kidney failure, have cirrhosis, etc.
- Vitamin B5/Pantothenic: It is called Vitamin B5 as well. Vitamin B5 is necessary for producing red blood cells, synthesize cholesterol, to break fats and carbohydrates, etc. It is important to eat fresh food to get vitamin B5. It is because the vitamin is lost while the food is processed( refining, canning, freezing food). Deficiency of Vitamin B5 can lead to depression. Fatigue, irritability, vomiting, muscle cramps, etc. Good sources of Vitamin B5 are vegetables like corn, broccoli, yogurt, avocado, etc.
- Vitamin B3: Vitamin B3 plays a significant role in converting carbohydrates into fats, proteins, glucose, etc. Vitamin B3 is also known as Nicotinic Acid. Nicotinic acid helps to make sex-related and stress-related hormones. Vitamin B3 can cause severe disease like pellagra. If pellagra is left untreated on time, it can result in death. Symptoms of Vitamin B3 deficiency are canker sores, fatigue, indigestion, vomiting, and depression. Rich sources of Vitamin B3 are red meat, fish, poultry, peanuts, enriched pasta, etc.
- Vitamin B2/Riboflavin: Vitamin B2 helps in energy production, enzyme function, amino acid, and fatty acid synthesis. Vitamin B2 is water-soluble like the rest of the vitamin B. Sources of this vitamin are milk, yogurt, cheese, dark green vegetables, meat, etc. Deficiency can lead to a sore tongue, scaly skin or oily rashes on the scrotum, etc.
- Vitamin B1/Thiamin: It is also known as Thiamin. Deficiency of Vitamin B1 can lead to fatigue, irritability, depression, cataracts, beriberi, etc. Sources of this vitamin are yeast, nuts, beans and legumes, pork and organ meat, etc. Vitamin B1 deficiency is more common to those people who are chronic alcoholics, anorexic, undergoing kidney dialysis, etc.
- Vitamin B12 Test: It helps in healthy functioning of the central nervous system, formation of red blood cell and metabolism. Deficiency in Vitamin B12 can lead to nerve damage and anemia( macrocytic anemia), numbness and tingling in the limbs. Good sources of vitamin B1 are organ meats, shellfish, poultry, milk, and other dairy foods.
Areyouhealthy offer home sample collection services all over India. To book an appointment for this test call us at +917289-87-6363. We offer online booking also. Visit our site www.areyouhealthy.in and fill the online booking form. After final submission, our agent will call you to finalize date and time for an appointment. You don’t have to pay the fees at the time of booking. Pay the payment to our agent after the blood sample collection is done.