About AYH Vitamin Profile
AYH Vitamin profile is available at low rate now. Vitamin profile is a preventive health checkup package. 10-12 hours of fasting is needed for this test. AreYouHealthy offers home sample collection as well. You can call us on +917289-87-6363 to book an appointment for home sample collection service. We provide online booking also. Visit our site www.areyouhealthy.in and fill the form with your details. Our agent will call you to fix date and time for an appointment. After the appointment process is done, our agent will come to your house and collect your sample for the test. You can pay the payment after sample collection by our agent. The test result will send it to you within 48-72 hours. If you want hard copies of your test result, you have to pay Rs 75 extra charges.
List of tests included in Vitamin profile
3) Thyroid Stimulating Hormone(TSH)
4) Vitamin B12 Level Test
5) 25-OH Vitamin D Total
Test description of Vitamin Profile
- Calcium Test: Calcium is the most important minerals in our body. Calcium is essential for signalling cells, muscles, nerves and heart. It is used in maintaining and formation of teeth and bones. This test is used to determine the level of calcium in urine and blood. It is used to measure the amount of ionised and total calcium in our body. 99% of calcium can be found in bones while 1% of calcium circulated in the blood.
- Folate Test: Folate test is used to measure the amount of folate in our body. The body can’t produce folate. It must be supplied by the diet. Folate is used to repair tissues and cells. It is also used in the synthesis of DNA. Folate is found in leafy vegetables, citrus fruit, beans, peas, liver, yeast, etc. Deficiency of folate can lead to macrocytic anaemia, megaloblastic anaemia, changes in the bone marrow. It is also important for cell division. During pregnancy folate deficiency can increase the risk of neural tube defects.
- Thyroid Stimulating Hormone Test: TSH test is used to know the working of the Thyroid. The thyroid is a gland located near your neck. It is important for regulating your body temperature, weight, muscle strength etc. When your body has a low level of the thyroid, more thyroid stimulating hormone is produced by the pituitary gland. If your pituitary gland makes less TSH, it means you have a high level of thyroid.
- Vitamin B-12 Test: Vitamin B12 is used to produce red blood cells and proper nerve functioning. Vitamin B12 test is used to measure the level of vitamin B12 in your body. The common symptoms of having Vitamin deficiencies are fatigue, headaches, moodiness, fuzzy thinking, numbness in your feet etc. Some good sources of Vitamin B12 are cereal, fish, meat, seafood, pork etc.
- 25-OH Vitamin D Total Test: Vitamin D helps to absorb calcium and maintain strong bones. 25-OH vitamin D total test is used to measure the level of Vitamin D. This blood test is also known as calcidiol 25-hydroxycholecalciferol test.