Wheat Allergy Test At Home
Wheat is an important food grain in Indian as well as Western culture. There are various croissants & bread made from wheat that forms a daily part of the diet. But wheat is not for everyone. Several times, some people can develop an allergic reaction to wheat.
An allergic reaction happens when our immunity system gets triggered by foreign elements. In this case, our immunity system treats wheat as a foreign element. As soon as it enters our body, the immune system releases IgE antibodies. This unnecessary reaction can cause varied conditions in one’s body. Right from ranging to mild rashes to life-threatening situations.
To avoid situations like these, you should take a wheat allergy test. Especially, if you are feeling uncomfortable after consuming wheat. But what are the exact symptoms of wheat allergy?
Here Are Some of The Symptoms of Wheat Allergy
- Swelling of tongue, mouth, or throat.
- Irritation in the mouth while eating wheat.
- Running nose, itchiness in the nose.
- Constant headache.
- Feeling of diarrhoea.
- Persisting vomiting, nausea.
- Sudden congestion of the nose.
If you experience any of the symptoms while or after consuming wheat, you may be wheat intolerant. There is a high chance of it so you need to consult a doctor immediately & take a wheat intolerance test.
What Is Wheat Allergy Test?
It is an allergy test taken to find out whether the patient is wheat intolerant or not. It helps you in getting out the root cause of your symptoms & judge the intensity. If you are experiencing any of the above-stated symptoms, you should consider taking this test.
There are a few ways of taking the food intolerance test. Your doctor may suggest any one of them depending on the condition of the patient. Some of the ways of conducting wheat allergy test are:
- Wheat Allergy Blood Test: In the blood test, the blood sample is checked for allergen antibodies. Our immunity system produces these to counter any allergic trigger. So, if there are any antibodies present in the blood after you have consumed wheat, that means you are allergic.
- wheat allergy skin test: This involves inserting a tiny amount of wheat protein in your arm. The particular area is then under observation. If the area turns red or gets swollen, that means you are allergic to wheat. It is one of the easiest ways of making out whether you are allergic to wheat or not.
But there are some side effects of this test. The particular area can get swollen or red for a prolonged time. it may cause slight discomfort.
- Challenge food Test: In this test, the doctor may suggest you eliminate wheat for some time. Then, after some time, slowly bringing it back into the diet in smaller quantities. If the condition continues, then it is not a temporary allergic reaction. It is a wheat allergy for sure.
What to Do If You are Allergic to Wheat?
Your doctor may suggest you eliminate wheat out of your diet. He can suggest you in possible substitutes in your diet. As there is no known cure for allergic reactions, you need to eliminate it from your diet.
Any type of allergic reaction can cause a serious imbalance in the body. To make sure that it does not impose serious complications, it is essential to keep a check on it regularly. So, if you feel any discomfort while consuming wheat/ wheat protein, you may have a wheat allergy. It is important to consult an allergist & take a wheat intolerance test.