Thyrocare Hepatitis Panel: Comprehensive Screening for Hepatitis Infections
The Thyrocare Hepatitis Panel is a comprehensive set of blood tests designed to screen and diagnose hepatitis infections. Priced at Rs 3600, this panel includes 48 essential tests that cover various aspects of liver health, complete blood count, diabetes, and infectious diseases. Hepatitis is a viral infection that affects the liver, and early detection is crucial for timely treatment and management. In this article, we will explore the significance of the Thyrocare Hepatitis Panel and its role in identifying hepatitis infections.
- Liver(Includes 12 tests)
- Serum alb/globulin ratio
- Alkaline phosphatase
- Bilirubin -direct
- Bilirubin (indirect)
- Bilirubin – total
- Gamma glutamyl transferase (ggt)
- Sgot / sgpt ratio
- Protein – total
- Albumin – serum
- Serum globulin
- Aspartate aminotransferase (sgot )
- Alanine transaminase (sgpt)
- Complete Hemogram(Includes 24 tests)
- Basophils – absolute count
- Eosinophils – absolute count
- Lymphocytes – absolute count
- Monocytes – absolute count
- Neutrophils – absolute count
- Immature granulocytes(ig)
- Immature granulocyte percentage(ig%)
- Total leucocytes count (wbc)
- Mean corpuscular hemoglobin(mch)
- Mean corp.hemo.conc(mchc)
- Mean corpuscular volume(mcv)
- Nucleated red blood cells
- Nucleated red blood cells %
- Platelet count
- Total rbc
- Red cell distribution width (rdw-cv)
- Red cell distribution width – sd(rdw-sd)
- Diabetes(Includes 2 tests)
- Average blood glucose (abg)
- Hepatitis Panel(Includes 9 tests)
- Hepatitis b envelope antibody
- Anti hepatitis c virus (anti hcv) – total
- Hepatitis b envelope antigen (hbeag)
- Anti hepatitis a virus (anti hav) – igm
- Anti hepatitis a virus (hav) – total
- Anti hepatitis b core antigen (ahbc) – igm
- Anti hepatitis b core antigen (ahbc) – total
- Anti hepatitis b surface antigen – total
- Anti hepatitis e virus (anti hev) – igm
- Infectious Diseases(Includes 1 tests)
- Hepatitis b surface antigen (hbsag)
Understanding Hepatitis Infections
Hepatitis is an inflammation of the liver caused by hepatitis viruses, including Hepatitis A, Hepatitis B, and Hepatitis C. These viruses can be transmitted through contaminated food or water, blood transfusions, sexual contact, or from mother to child during childbirth. Hepatitis infections can range from mild to severe and may lead to chronic liver disease or even liver failure if left untreated.
Who Should Undergo the Thyrocare Hepatitis Panel?
The Thyrocare Hepatitis Panel is recommended for individuals with
Symptoms of Hepatitis:
If you experience symptoms such as fatigue, jaundice (yellowing of the skin and eyes), abdominal pain, or loss of appetite, the Hepatitis Panel can help diagnose the underlying cause.
Individuals with a history of risky behaviors or exposure to Hepatitis A, B, or C should undergo regular screening to identify infections early.
Chronic Liver Disease:
Patients with chronic liver disease should undergo periodic screening to monitor their liver health and detect any new infections.
Healthcare professionals who are at higher risk of exposure to bloodborne infections should consider regular screening for hepatitis.
What is the cost of the Thyrocare Hepatitis Panel?
The Thyrocare Hepatitis Panel is priced at Rs 3600, making it a comprehensive and cost-effective screening option.
Is fasting required before taking the Thyrocare Hepatitis Panel?
Yes, a fasting period of 10 to 12 hours is necessary before taking the Thyrocare Hepatitis Panel. This ensures accurate results and minimizes the influence of recent food intake.